Fine then-12

~knuckles pov~
It had been about 2 weeks since caveman and zero ran away. No trace of either of them. There was a new kid named Brian, but x called him twitch because he twitched a lot. Twitch was here for joyriding. He talked a lot about cars. He talked a lot about a lot of things. Zigzag had been kind of off lately. He almost pushed me away some days. I don't know what I did. Maybe it was him. Maybe he was the problem. It was lunch time when I decided to confront zig about it. "Hey" I said with a smile. "Hi" he said quickly and plainly. "Hey what's your deal?" I asked him. "Nothing" he replied. He didn't even look at me. "Well there's obviously something. You won't even look at me!" I started to raise my voice. He spun around and looked at me. All the boys had started huddling around. He threw his hands up."I'm just not feeling my best alright?!" He full on yelled at me. I stepped back, alarmed. Nobody had actually yelled at me since I was at my uncles. I started to yell too. "So that gives you the right to treat me like this?!" I yelled back. He just stood there , not knowing what to do. "Because that's no way to treat your girlfriend, or any woman!" I continued. "Well if I treat you so badly maybe we should break up!" He yelled. And then he softened, he didn't know what he'd just said. He didn't mean it. "Fine then." I said. At this point I didn't care what he did. "F-Fine." He mumbled. Honestly I was okay with it. I wasn't going to let anyone treat me like that. And if they did, I'd beat them. I'd one-up them, I'd do something. I turned around, and all the boys stood there stunned. "What?" I asked them. They were in my way. They quickly made a way for me. But they didn't let zigzag go through. A couple of boys like magnet and squid went and dig holes with me, but the other boys stayed and pestered zigzag with questions.
"Why'd you do that man?"
"Cmon man you guys were so good together!"
"Man you just lost a most prized possession right there." "I can't believe you did that."
"now what are you gonna do?" They all asked. He just stood there staring at me. He didn't mean anything he said. But he said it anyways. And that's what you get. Eventually all the boys got so mad at zig, they just walked away and dug their holes.

~time skip to dinner🤠~
It was dinner time now, and we all went to our table. None of the boys even looked at zigzag. They stood up for me. That's why they were my brothers. If I'm being honest, I kinda missed him. Not much, because of what he did, but I missed hanging out with him. After dinner, I sat down and tried to figure out the tv. Armpit came over and tried to help. He smacked the side of it. "Man look you broke it!" I scolded playfully. It had already been broken. I tried fiddling with the antennas but that didn't work either. We eventually gave up and talked about nothing until lights out. I got my shower and talked to the warden a little bit about what happened with zigzag. She told me that I was better than him, and then I left. Most of the boys were already In bed. I climbed up to my bunk, and pulled up my blanket. I didn't sleep very well that night but when the horn sounded I was surprisingly well rested. We all got breakfast and our shovels and went to our spot. I dug beside magnet and X-ray. Lunch came around and we all lined up. "So I heard you're single again?" Mom smirked. I took my apple and hit him in the head with it. Hard. He fell to the ground and didn't get up for a while. "Lunch is on me today." I smiled. I walked back to my hole and sat on the edge. My hole was about 3 feet deep now. I was the fastest digger in camp, since zero was gone. I ate my apple silently. I saw a shadow come over me. I looked up. It was X-ray. "Hey." I said, covering my eyes with my hand because of the sun. "Hey. You gonna apologize?" He asked. I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about me and zigzag. "Nah, I'll wait till he does. He started it." I said plainly. "I know, but you're better than him. Do you really wanna wait? I mean he may never apologize." X-ray said. I thought about it. "You're right. I'll wait till the right time." I said to him with a closed smile. He patted my shoulder and went back to his hole. X-ray was right. Zigzag was stubborn, and I needed to apologize first. But what if he doesn't accept my apology? I'll wait till tomorrow. I do miss him. But what he did was wrong. I finished my hole, went back to camp, got a shower, and headed to the mess hall. A few boys whistled as I walked in, and a couple stared. I'd gotten used to these boys, they always did this. I walked in to see a woman with a business suit on, and she had a black briefcase. Her hair was tied back on the sides and she was about 5 inches taller than me. I heard her say Stanley's name, but I didn't listen to their whole conversation. Eventually I heard her say something about an inspection, and she ran outside and slammed the door. As she did this, other boys from d-tent started to fill in. "What was that about?" X asked. "Dunno." I replied. Me and x played pool for a while until the dinner bell. I still hadn't talked to zigzag any. I walked over to our dinner table with my food. I sat by magnet and squid. We talked a little but about the runaways but not a lot. We agreed it was better if we didn't talk about them. I was still trying to find the right time to talk to zig. It had to be soon.

I know. You guys hate me. This chapter is a lil short but yk- I like itttt. I promise things will get better! I kinda wrote two stories in one on this one but it would be like super short if I didn't. I hope you all enjoyed!
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33