The new kid-6

~Zero pov~
I woke up to the horn as always. I got ready silently and listened to the multiple conversations going on. One was about magnet talking to barfbag about how we should start a riot about the food here. I didn't disagree. Another one was about how X-ray was telling zigzag about how he needed to stop kissing knuckles in front of us. I don't know, I kind of liked them together. Knuckles was like a mother figure to me, and she was the only person I talked to. She understood. I talked to zigzag sometimes, but but a lot. I found him quite violent. I thought they were a good couple though. I was the first one ready, and I walked out of the tent alone and walked to get breakfast and my shovel. "Hey- hey wait Zero!!bye zigzag, I'll see ya In a minute." I heard knuckles say. I obeyed and waited on her. She jogged up to me. "You mind if I come with?" She asked. That's what I liked about her. She didn't assume it was ok with me to walk with me, she asked if she could. She respected me, and I respected her. "What's up zero?" She asked. "Nothing much." I said plainly. "Oh ok, hey you wanna hear my joke? Barfbag didn't get it." She said. I loved hearing her jokes. They were the stupidest thing in the world, but they made me laugh anyways. Zigzag was one lucky guy. "Let's hear it." I said laughing, with a shrug. "Ok ok, why didn't the chicken cross the road?" She asked with enthusiasm. This was a mistake. "I don't know, why?" I asked. I'd heard of these jokes before, but I'd never been asked a joke. She replied with, "because he was a chicken!!!!" And then both her and I started bursting out laughing. It wasn't even that funny, but she made it funny. We laughed our hole way out to grab the shovels. It made my morning. Thanks knuckles. We heard faint arguing in the back ground. "You're so stupid sometimes barf!" Zigzag bickered. Oh dear lord. "Am not!!! I seriously don't get it. Because it was a chicken?? What's that supposed to mean!?" Barf asked. He genuinely didn't get it. We all laughed at him. "You call someone a chicken when they're scared. Like you. You're a chicken sometimes!" X-ray explained to barfbag. Barf had been here for a couple months, so he understood it was a joke. We had all made it out to the lake, where we dug. Me and knuckles had already started digging, and some were still kidding around and finishing breakfast.
~oh my gosh- again with the time skips?!🤠~
We'd all been out digging for about 3 hours, when knuckles yelled, "barf, watcha doin over there? Barf? Barfbag don't you dare!!" She yelled. We all looked at her, alerted. We then saw the was looking at barfbag, who was barefoot and walking towards a rattlesnake. This was not going to end well. "What are you doing man?" X-ray asked. Barfbag looked like he wanted to step on it, and I kinda didn't blame him. It's awful here. "Barfbag!!" Magnet yelled. And all of a sudden, there was a low pitched scream. It came from barfbag. He stepped on the snake. Mom ran over and picked him up by his armpits, and knuckles grabbed his legs. They ran him to the truck, and mom drove away. Knuckles stared at the moving truck, before turning back to us. "What are ya looking at?! Keep diggin boys." She said blandly. Her and barf were close. Everyone turned away quickly and started digging. Nobody disobeyed knuckles. And you know why, she's kind of, uhm, really powerful. We kept digging when we saw the bus coming up to camp. "Guys" squid said. We all looked his way. "Barf back already?" Armpit asked. "Nope. We got fresh meat." Replied knuckles. And she was right. Fresh meat. A new kid. I finished, and started to walk back to camp. When I got back, I went to the tent and sat in my bed, thinking. A few others came back with the new kid, one of them being knuckles. "Barfbag slept here." She said, kicking a bunk. He sat his stuff in it, and kept staring at knuckles. Apparently he hadn't met zigzag yet. Good luck new guy. "Boys!" Knuckles said. We all stopped talking and looked at her. Beside her stood mom. "This is Stanley." Said mom. "Stanley, this is Teagan, Theadore, Rex, Alan, and Josè." Mom pointed at them as he said their names. "And that's zero. You know why they call him zero? Cause there's nothing going on inside his stupid head!" Mom said, ruffling my hair. "Lay off dude." Knuckles said. She stood up for me. "It's mr-" knuckles looked at him with her death stare. "Ok- well. It's no labor to be nice to your neighbor! Te- knuckles, you'll be his mentor." Mom said. Mom was literally too scared to call knuckles by her real name. I don't blame him. She didn't like him at all. "Ok, Stanley, this is X-ray, magnet, squid, armpit, and zero. I'm knuckles." She said. "Ok" Stanley fumbled on his words. He was still staring at knuckles in awe. Just then zigzag walked through the door. "Ohh and that's zigzag." Knuckles pointed at zigzag. "Hi" Stanley mumbled. Zigzag nodded hello. "Did you tell him about the lizards?" Zigzag asked, his eyes wide. "Now let's not scare our new camper, Ricky." X-ray said chuckling. "Lizards?" Stanley asked worriedly. "Don't worry, if you don't bother them they don't bother you." Magnet said. "Usually." Zigzag and knuckles said in unison. They laughed at their little joke. We all did. I smiled lightly. The dinner bell rang, and we all walked to dinner. Stanley sat at the end of our table, next to knuckles. Zigzag did not approve. Dinner ended with X-ray taking Stanley's bread. We all walked back to our tent, except for knuckles, who went to take a shower. The boys and I were talking to Stanley. "Watcha thinking bro?" X-ray asked. "That knuckles, she's stunning isn't she?" Stanley asked. He had no idea what he got himself into. "What?!" Zigzag looked at him like he was crazy. "I said-" zigzag cut him off by slamming him against a wall. "Back off man! That's my girlfriend you're talkin bout!" Zigzag yelled. We all watched. When zigzag yelled, you knew it was bad. "I'm sorry I didn't-" Stanley started. "Well now you do! Back off man." Zigzag said, he walked back to his bunk. We all just sat there not knowing what to do. Knuckles then came in the tent. "Why so quiet?" She asked. "No reason" said zigzag, as he got up and kissed knuckles quickly. It was quick, so no one said anything. They both sat on zigzags bunk, and we continued to talk about nothing. "So, is goofy a dog or cow?" Magnet asked. I didn't know what he was talking about. "A dog. Duh!" Squid said matter of factly. "Nuh uh- he's a cow." Knuckles insisted. "How?" Squid asked. "Because, Mickey falls in love with a mouse, Donald fell in love with a duck, and goofy Falls in love with a cow! It makes sense. Plus, they already have a dog. You can't have two dogs." Knuckles argued. "She's got a point." Armpit admitted. "So? You're a brunette, and you fell in love with a blonde!" Squid bickered. "Ok, but that's not the point. We're talking about a kids show, not real life you tooth pick lover!" She said. She won the argument. "Ok, you're right. I'll get you next time!" Squid said. We all laughed because we all knew there was no next time. No one won an argument against knuckles. We all went to sleep after that. It was a good day today.

I really liked this chapter! What do y'all think? I'm so happy I decided to write this chapter!
Stay salty
Stay happy
Dig holes<33