𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || "see you around"

A happy soul is the best shield for a cruel world

• • •

"THERE'S a soccer game tomorrow you in?" Sierra questions as she eats her fries.

We finished bowling an hour ago and now we are in McDonald's.

"Yeah, sure" I nod, I haven't been to a soccer game since Thea begged me to take her and I think it will be fun.

"Do you think Esme will talk to Ethan this time?" Ivy asks and I grow confused.

"Who's Ethan?" I ask.

"He's on the soccer team" sierra answers "Esme's had a slight crush on him since 5th grade"

"A slight crush my ass" ivy says "that girl speaks about him non stop"

"I do not" Esme argues taking her seat with her Big Mac

"Whatever helps you sleep at night sister" ivy surrenders and rolls her eyes.

I finish my fries and milkshake and go to the counter to order some chicken nuggets for Thea.

She will kill me if she finds out I had a McDonald's and didn't get her anything.

"Thank you" I smile at the cashier and head back to the girls "I'm gonna start heading home now," I say and they nod.

"I'll give you a lift" Esme informs me grabbing her coat.

I say a thank you and head to her car.

"How was your first week at school?" She asks pulling out of the parking lot.

"It was great thanks to you guys" I smile.

She smiles back and starts talking about the soccer game tomorrow.

"Hey, do you mind if I stay at yours for the night?" She questioned pulling into my driveway "it's almost 11 and I live 30 minutes away from you"

"Of course" I answer "my mom won't mind I'll message her when we get inside she finishes work at 11:30"

"Thank you so much," she says in relief.

She grabs her overnight bag that she keeps in her trunk and follows me inside.

"Thea?" I call out as we walk through the door.

"In the kitchen!" I hear her answer I motion Esme to follow me and we both walk towards her voice.

"This is my friend Esme she's gonna stay the night" I inform her.

She looks up from her place on the kitchen island "okay" she smiles.

"This is my sister Thea," I say to Esme and she smiles.

"Nice to meet you," she says to Thea.

"What are you doing in the kitchen at 10 to 11?" I ask turning the Thea.