𝐓𝐄𝐍|| "okay"

{I can't control their fear, only my own}

═════════════════════════════

"JUST man up and tell her already," this fucker thinks it's easy to explain what I'm feeling when I don't know what I'm feeling "what's the worse that could happen"

"a lot of things could happen" what if she doesn't feel the same?

"it's obvious that she likes you back, blakey boy" he goes to pat my head "you're just being insecure"

"easy for you to say" I grumble.

"hey! what's that supposed to mean"

"oh nothing, nothing at all" I smirk.

"any way" he starts "prom is in 3 weeks and your gonna ask her" he finishes and I let out a groan.

"how am I meant to ask her?"

"you'll think of something" he turns to leave after patting my shoulder, leaving one thought stuck in my head.

how the fuck do I do this?

═════════════════════════════

So I think I've come to terms on how to ask Kendall to prom. It took every ounce of thinking to come up with the idea and I'm not gonna lie, I'm scared.

I've decided not to go all out as most guys do, I'll save that for a different point in life.

So I plan to take her to see a movie, and then for a walk in the park. That's when I'll ask her.

All I have to do now is ask her.

And pick a movie.

The bell rings, stating that it's the end of the school day. I start walking to where Kendall and her friends would be.

Why am I nervous?.

I see her standing next to the doors to the school, laughing at something her friend said. I also spot Ryan a couple of feet away, he sends me a goofy grin and puts his thumbs up.

Little shit.

I take a breath and walk toward her and she notices me straight away. She sends a smile in my direction and excuses herself from her friends.

"Hi" she shyly mutters, and I can't help but admire her as she speaks.

"Hi" I reply.

Okay- just pop the question blake. Don't be a pussy.

"You wanna go out with me tonight?"

She looks at me, her lips parted so it looks like she's thinking. She smiles before nodding "sure"

"I'll pick you up at 7"

"Okay" I send her a smile before turning around and releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

That was much easier than I thought.

═════════════════════════════

"the ending was so cute!!" I smile as she gushes about the movie. it ended 15 minutes ago and we've been walking around the park while she talks about it. meanwhile, I'm here trying to form the words to ask her to prom.

we make a stop at a burger king to grab some food, we sit down at a table with our food and we start to talk about random things. I watch in awe as her face lights up when she starts talking about her father. I think she notices me staring at her because she stops talking and she smiles softly "you okay?"

I nod "yeah, what happened to your dad?' her smile falters a bit after I ask that question, it was like she was in shock that I asked.

"he died from cancer a few years back" I see tears cloud up in her eyes "I was 13 when it happened".

I grab her hand from across the table "you don't have to tell me if you don't want to"

"no it's okay" she wipes a tear that had fallen "I feel like I need to tell someone" I nod and let her continue.

"he had been suffering from it for years and he was taking the recovery well, he was able to go out with us on the family trips, everything was fine until the chemo stopped working" my heart breaks right at that moment.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart" I comfort her "he sounds like an amazing guy"

"he was" she nods through her tears, still managing to have a smile on her face. I try to lighten the mood and start telling her about my family.

"I've been with my mom since I was three," I say "dad didn't want anything to do with me" her face morphs into a sympathetic look as I continue "we moved here for a fresh start, all my family are back in Ohio" I smile thinking about everyone "my aunt and uncle have seven kids, seven!"

she lets out a laugh at my face "how many aunts and uncles do you have?" she asks.

"four" I reply, happy to have made her laugh "I have 14 cousins in total.

"you have a big family"

"they're all annoying little shits, though" she laughs again and drinks her Pepsi "wanna start heading back?:" I ask, and she nods.

we walk out to the parking lot and I hold the door for her as she gets into the passenger side. we listen to the radio as I drive her home.

"so" I clear my throat "you wanna go prom with me?"

she looks as if she's in thought as she contemplates her answer. she turns to look at me, a slight blush on her cheeks as she speaks "okay"

I send a smile back "okay"

okay

═════════════════════════════

AHHHHHH I'M SO PROUD OF MY BBYS!!

he finally asked her to prom and I'm blushing.

I had to rewrite this chapter several times because I wasn't happy with it, but we got there in the end.

also sorry if this chapter felt a bit rushed, this book is only gonna have around 20-25 chapters so everything is going crazy right now.

anyway, whos excited for more Kendall and blake?! I am.

love you always

- s