CHAPTER #15

[Mature Content]

The Shanghai port had its usual activity, but today there was an excited buzz in the air. The mafia crew were busy setting up for Enishi's wedding. The marriage license had been already obtained. The bride and groom were getting ready in their formal attire. As expected he was done before her. His eyes were wide and shining when he saw her carefully go down the stairs to meet him.

"Do you have your metal vest on under your clothes?" Sumi asked with a smile.

"Yes, do you?"

"Of course. You might be the King here, but that means anyone could be out to assassinate you. So how do I look?"

"Beautiful." Enishi offered her his arm and they went out to the waiting horse drawn carriage.

When they arrived by the docks, he helped her out of the carriage and they began to make their way to the ceremony location. Lei came up and bowed to them both, he shyly handed her a bouquet of flowers. Sumi leaned down and kissed his cheek, making the boy blush beet red.  He nodded at Enishi and disappeared into the crowd.

"That kid worships you."

"Maybe. These flowers are pretty."

The next to approach them was the mafia crew. Each gang captain also gave them a wedding gift; jewelry for Sumi and swords, knives or guns for Enishi. The gifts kept coming, from the harbour master, police chief and commissioner, and every ship's captain that was in port. The British captain was the last to give gifts.

"These two horses are Arab-Friesian crosses. The white one is a mare named Pearl for your wife and the black one is a stallion named Black Devil. They aren't just beautiful with smooth gaits, but have the best endurance and are very tough. Both are calm and have the best training.  As you see, even though one is a stallion and the other a mare, they won't give you trouble, even if side by side. However, he is called the Black Devil as he is very possessive of this mare. Should any human or animal try to separate them for too many days, he goes wild and has killed before. Pearl will defend him if he is being mistreated."

"A fitting gift for us both," Sumi smiled.

Enishi accepted the gift and explained her words. Everyone who attended, was to be given a red envelope of cash, after the marriage ceremony completed. He gave the British Captain his envelope personally and in advance. Turning to Hu, he handed the reins of the horses to him. Then together with Sumi, they walked to the end of the pier. Since neither of them had family, it wasn't a traditional wedding procession. A priest married them during sunset. Then fireworks were let off from a barge anchored in the harbour. She found it truly breath taking. Enishi kissed her, but kept it brief. He was in his frenzied nerve state, because of the potential threat and due to Sumi being completely absorbed by the activities. With lanterns held by everyone present, they walked down the dock to the carriage, their path brightly lit.

"Hu, have the horses taken to the stable and get them settled for the night. Bolin hand out the envelopes now."

They left and returned home.  Enishi had his house staff prepare a feast of all their favourite food and there were flowers all over their bedroom. He'd planned this as a surprise for his new wife. Sumi was awed and amazed at how romantic he really could be. They had wine with dinner, before retiring to their room.

"Oh wow Enishi, the flowers give off a beautiful scent, as if we're in a field of them. Thank you!"

He smiled. "Help me take off my wedding clothes, I want a bath."

She obliged and followed him into the bathroom. "Will you do the same for me?"

Enishi slowly unwrapped his bride. He kissed her exposed skin. "Are you joining me in the bath?"