CHAPTER #14

The day arrived, to see if the new clothing and dress that was ordered, would fit.  Along with the fashion woman, came another lady for Sumi's hair.  Enishi was in a meeting with the coolies, but finished up right when Sumi came to show him the first kimono and hair style.  When she paused on the stairs, the coolies all saw her too.

"Wow! You're beautiful," one coolie said out loud. "Boss is she your wife to be?"

"The Lady Killer?" Another coolie asked.

"Yes to both your questions. Now get back to work," Enishi said impatiently.

Sumi watched the coolies bow to her and then him, before they quickly left.  She smiled and carefully came down the stairs to show off the clothing. "Do you like the hair style?"

"He was right, you're beautiful. I don't like your hair, it's too old fashioned.  I'm free now to tell the stylist what I want for your hair." He picked her up and carried her in his arms, back up the stairs and into the room.

There was a screen set up for her to change behind, for privacy, which Sumi went to for the next outfit.

"I want some of her hair up and the rest falling down her back. Flowers or jewelry in it too," Enishi explained the look he envisioned.

"I know exactly what you're thinking.  Sumi dear, when you come to show your next outfit, let me do your hair again too."

The next outfit was the wedding dress, so she sat patiently while the hair dresser and Enishi discussed the look.  When Sumi finally could look in a mirror, she was impressed.

"That's it, her hair is perfect." He exclaimed and then came to her. "Sumi you are a goddess, I'm honoured to become your husband."

The women expressed their awe and said how romantic he was.  Sumi wanted to laugh, because they didn't know that Enishi could be deadly too. However, she locked eyes with him and finally believed his words.

In his ear she whispered, "I have the metal-leather vest on underneath.  When you put on your wedding wear, do the same."

The hair stylist asked, "where are you holding the wedding?"

"On the docks at sunset."

"That's so romantic," the women gushed.

"We will take everything you've brought today," Enishi announced and pulled out a stack of yuan.

Sumi asked the dress maker, "can we make it a little looser here?" She gestured to her chest area.

"Yes of course, I'll bring it back tomorrow once corrected."

While Sumi changed out of the wedding dress, Enishi first paid the women, then gave details of when the hair stylist should return on Friday.  Finally he told the door man to escort them out.

"This is my new fighting clothing. The pants aren't as wide, but still can conceal my knives. It's fashioned like a shinobi shozoku from Japan, but with Chinese styling."

"Does it have armour here in the forearms?" Enishi asked, touching the area in question.

"Yes, metal plates, like the vest has and the same are on my shins too. That way I can block swords or knives confidently."

"That's smart.  And it even has a hood," he observed.

"Well I wanted to add an element of us to it too."

"Do you need my help to get the jewels out of your hair?"

She smiled again, "yes please. I'll sit down on the chair, after I change.... Will you really be able to wait to consummate our marriage?"