Chapter 18

A/n Hello once again. 

------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

We're currently on Juleka's house. Weird sentence. Anyway, Rose's band is rehearsing after sending in a music video to Bob Roth. 

"Thanks for helping me make the costumes Y/n." Mari was in charge of costume design, and I offered to help her out.

"No problem."

"I still think you would do great as a guitarist in the band." 

"No thanks. The costumes are a bit embarrassing."

"Oh, come on! Luka is wearing it! You would do great in the band."

"Cool, Luka's more secure in his masculinity than me. Glad we've got that sorted out. I'm not doing it."

Mari pouts and looks away. "Fine. I just wanted to hear you play."

"Y'know I could just bring my guitar over next time I visit right? I don't have to wear a unicorn helmet to do it."

"Promise?" 

I hold out my pinky, and Mari wraps hers around mine. "Pinky promise." We both go back to watching the band. Well, Mari does. I'm playing games on my phone.

"Hey, Marinette. Still no news about the contest?" Luka asks.

"Maybe they didn't like our song?" 

"They must've received a ton of videos. They probably haven't made their pick yet." Mari's always been an optimist. 

"You better take a look at this, guys." Ivan shows us a video of XY singing the band's song.

"That's plagiarism."

"That's your melody. It's your music. That's not fair! That should be you guys up there on TV. There better be a good explanation. We have to have it out with Bob Roth and XY."

----------------------------

Ivan, Rose, and Juleka create a distraction and allow us to sneak into the studio.

"Wow! Awesome, XY! Such a 180 from your last record! This might be your best yet! So tell me, where did you get the inspiration for all this new material?"

"Oh, it's nothing really. I came up with the whole song in 5 minutes." Luka and Mari take this opportunity to confront Bob Roth. He denies that they ever sent in a video, and then he claims that they copied XY. Mari goes to reveal the truth to the cameras, but Bob stops her.

" If you do that, I'll tell them you're the copycats, not me. I've got all the music biz eating out of my hand. So who do you think they're gonna believe? Me, or a group of nobodies?" His grip on her arm tightens, and I grab his arm. 

"Let. Go."

He gives it a few seconds of thought before letting go of her. Good. Luka has been pretty quiet, is he good? Turning to him, I see an Akuma fly into the helmet.

"Do you have any idea how much work it took me to copy your costumes?" Luka walks up to him and puts his hand on his mouth. A glowing blob escapes his mouth, and it's absorbed into his helmet. Bob Roth and his son both run like cowards. Luka approaches Mari, but I get in-between them.

Luka moves his hand like a sock puppet. "Don't worry, Y/n. I'm not going to hurt you two. You're my friends. That hasn't changed." He 'says' all this with XY's voice.

"Don't worry, Marinette. I would never hurt you. I will use the power Hawk Moth has given me to restore justice. I will force Bob Roth to admit what he has done to you and Kitty Section.