Chapter 7

A/n Hello once again.

-----------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

It's been a few days after I confessed to Marinette, and I've been trying to keep myself busy. Marinette has been helping at the bakery, so we haven't seen each other since then. In my room, I've been throwing myself into my "job" as Nobody. Right now I'm workshopping my disguise. I've been confused for a burglar a bit more often than I would like. Thankfully, Mari taught me a few things about clothing design and sewing. 

I have a sketchbook containing a few designs. I want to make something that's easy enough to put on without needing a bathroom or phonebooth, but still distinctly unique enough for people to know at a glance who I am. I'm thinking blue for the mask. Suddenly, the flip phone on my desk, which I've taken to calling my work phone, starts ringing. It's Cat Noir. 

"Nobody here." I'll be honest, the name has grown on me.

"Hey, nice pun. Anyway, can you meet us to discuss the situation with that principal? You know, the one dressing up and calling himself the Owl?" Oh yeah. Thankfully, I've been able to avoid dealing with him by going on patrols. I guess I couldn't get out of it forever. 

"Sure. Be there in a few."

-----------------------------------------------

Meeting up with the two heroes of Paris I sit down next to them. It's still weird that I've become an unofficial member of the team. 

"The principal Mr. Damocles has a good heart, but this is bound to end badly." Cat Noir has been the most vocal about stopping Mr. Damocles. I can't say I blame him either.

"And we can't spend all our time watching out for him either." Ladybug yawns. "It's turning into a full time job!"

"Maybe just scare him? Or sit him down and give him a firm talking to?"

"And shatter the poor man's dream? No way! On the contrary, maybe we should help him make his dream come true. He said all he wanted was to be a hero, even if it's just for one day." Ladybug's caring nature is usually welcome, but I don't really like dealing with this.

"How about I just pretend to be a villain? Let him 'save the day' and go about his business."

"That's actually a good idea! Glad you're starting to help us with this." Cat Noir is still upset I've been leaving this to them.

"Well excuse me! Not all of us have incredibly photogenic superhero costumes, and he ends up on the news quite frequently. I've had more than one person call the cops on me. Besides, I thought if Mr. Damocles saw that I succeeded where he failed, he might take it poorly." 

Either way, we make plans to call tomorrow. Going home, I put the finishing touches on my new disguise. I can't wait to show the others.

---------------------------------------------------

So, operation: Void Weaver was a complete failure. I like to think my performance was alright. But Mr. Damocles' ability to make a fool of himself has completely dumbfounded me. Now I'm sitting in my room, playing the guitar, only for the follow along video to cut out. It's been replaced by Mr. Damocles, or at least the villain he's become. Running out of my room, I tell my mom I'm going on a run. Climbing up the fire escape, I throw on my newly improved disguise and call Ladybug. 

Meeting up, Ladybug and Cat Noir have already arrived at out rendezvous point unsurprisingly. Hopefully they like the new outfit.

--------------------------------------