Aren't I appealing.

It's #tanzleytuesday!! I said I would update again so here it is. It is a short chapter.

By Sunday I'm completely zonked out, tired and lounging on the couch watching Netflix all day is what I plan to do.

What I planned to do, till my mother came waltzing through the living room like a new woman. Bright smile, bright eyes and new clothes?

"Where did you get that?" I sit up and pause my movie, pointing to her new blouse.

"Oh this?" She straightens out her coral top. "I had some money and I went down to the Goodwill. Thought mama could use a new wardrobe," she smiles, looking up at me.

"It looks nice." I turn back to my movie and push play.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go have some mother daughter time today..." She hesitates. Her voice soft and timid as she asks.

Do I really want to venture out on my day off, and have to deal with someone I haven't seen in years and suddenly thinks she can be mom again...No I don't. But am I going to...yes, unfortunately.

I shrug, "I guess. What about Aly?"

"She was gone first thing this morning." As her eyes fall, she stares down at her feet for quite sometime. "It seems she's not to fond of the idea of me coming back."

"As much as I hate to say it Marie...no one is. It was all a surprise to us especially Dad..."

She sighs, tilting her head back up. "I know Tayzley."

I kick in the relinner of my chair and stand up letting the purple throw blanket fall off my lap. "If we are doing this we must go now." And as I pass her the smallest okay slips from her mouth.

***

"Does this look okay?" Marie looks into the mirror for the millionth time. She's tried on the same dress but ten different colors and I'm beginning to regret my decision, but if it makes her happy that I'm willing to give her a chance then I'll suck it up and watch her try on clothes.

"I'm glad to see you doing better." I say out of sympathy...of course.

"Just a little pick me up is all I needed. I don't even need the pain killers. I feel alive." She studies her figure in the mirror. The blue navy dress she has on hugs her body well, even though she's tiny I'm sure soon enough she will fill out the dress even more once she starts gaining her weight back.

"That's good, I hate to admit it but that color works well with you." I stand up and move behind her. I catch a glimpse of both of us.

Our eyes.

Our lips.

Our nose.

All the same.

"Youre so beautiful." By the surprise in her eyes, she meant to say that in her head but she let it slip. "Its just I missed so much. And all of my babies have grown and I messed up Tayzley..." Tears overwhelm her.

I want to slip out of the dressing rooms, but the moment her arms wrap around me and pull me into her. I can't move.

My own arms are at my sides and I can't decided whether I should hug back or just let her cry into my sweater. Slowly I move them, wrapping them around her. Memories of when I was little girl And everything was okay flash across my mind.