Oops, I didn't see you there.

"So this is what you've been doing!" The girl storms in tossing papers of some sort in Tanner's face. I quickly sit up swinging my feet over the bed and bowing my head.

"You fuck some tramp! You have a damn child to worry about Tanner! Or you're going to fuck up again." She pauses, her harsh words stinging me slightly. Her feet shuffle across his wooden floors. "Excuse me, but you're wasting your time with him. All he's going to do is break your heart. You better run while you can." I look up at her. Her eyes so brown, so dark with anger towards Tanner.

Why is she warning me?

Who is she?

"Oh sorry, I'm Faith...Tanner's ex. I'm sure he didn't tell you right?"  She snaps her glare to tanner who's standing in the corner of his room with the papers over his face.

"Faith don't..." Tanner warns.

"He didn't..."

She laughs, her head flying back in horror amusement. "Of course he didn't. Tanner... You're not serious?"

"Will you be quiet, our daughter is sleeping." He sighs.

Faith paces back and forth. Her hands on her hips. She much skinnier than I am. I mean much skinner. Her hair matches the color of her eyes and she very what I like to call fake'n'baked. All in all, in my opinion she looks like a fucking brown crayon from a crayola box.

"I'm taking her home anyways Tanner, fucking sign the damn papers and put this girl out of her misery." Faith looks back at me and smiles curdley before marching down the hall to gather up her daughter.

"What is she talking about Tanner?" I question. Something in my stomach stirs when I stand and see a glimpse of the letters on the papers scrunched in his hands. Something clicks and I've suddenly realized what she meant. Why she's warning me...

"Please Tayzley don't be mad with me, but its final after I sign these papers...please don't-"

I don't even have to hear him say it. I know what he's going to say. "You're still fucking married?" I throw my hands into my hair. 

"Yes, but-"

"No Tanner... No... I'm sorry but no. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to wait till it was final...I didn't know she was going to come over and-"

"Fucking stop, just stop. Why wait? So you didn't have to mention...oh wait Tayzley I was married for five years so I waited till now to tell you. Did you honestly think I would be okay after you told me once it was final?" I cut him off again holding up my hand at him. I shake my head and grab my phone dialing Bella's number.

"Hey Bells...yeah I'm okay... I'll tell you when you pick me up.. Yeah I'll text the address." I hang up the phone, texting her the address. I grab my coat from the floor and slip on my shoes. I don't even bother to look at Tanner as I leave down the hall.

His ex has Emerson in her arms as we bump into each other. She doesn't saying anything just shuts her daughters door and leaves.

"Tayzley, just let me explain..." I hear Tanner say from behind me. I stay quite. He of course takes my silence as a sign to continue.

"I was always gone....she couldn't handle it. I was deployed three times within the five years of being married..she couldn't take it. And after a while we both fell out of love for each other." But the truth behind his words hold a different tone.

"What did she mean by you'll break my heart or that I'm wasting my time Tanner?" I turn on my feet, my arms cross over my chest.

His eyes fall, and even though I've only known him shortly I know he's about to lie to me. Tell me he doesn't know what she's talking about, that she's just his crazy ex.