What is she doing to me?

Edit was made by cheriewrites.

Tanner's POV

Two days later Tayzley was pulling into the driveway of my new home. Her and Emerson are now running around the front yard, snow balls in each of their hands, playing till someone calls quits.

My daughter was no quitter that's for sure. Her curly blonde hair pokes out the bottom of my beanie she stole out of my truck.

Tayzley has her now, picking her up and hugging her close, kissing her snow bitten nose.

I haven't been able to bring boxes in because I was to memorized in watching them both. To memorized in watching how Tayzley looked at Emerson with such awe.

Tayzley was mad at me just a few days ago. I get that I shouldn't have went through her phone or even touched it for that matter. It's not like I read her messages.

Okay maybe one. From Carly.

Something about a glow stick party in a few weeks. Wanting to get the girls together for a night extravaganza.

"Tanner?" I hear tayzley call me but I don't see her or Em. I turn around and snow hits me dead center in my face causing me to drop the box on my foot.

Laughter erupts from both Tayzley and my daughter.

Oh, this is war.

I use the sleeve of my coat to wipe off the snow from my fave. Playing it cool as I bend down to pick up the box, but before I even have the chance to get snow between my fingers and into a ball the girls are at it. Tossing as much snow as the can before using my truck as a shield.

"Ha ha daddy we're winning." Emerson brags. I gran some snow and sneak around the other side to where they can't see me and attack.

This time laughter fills my lungs, but soon enough it's a white snow war. Tayzley grabs a hands full smashing it into my hair. Kissing my cheek in the process. When she goes to grab more snow I pull her up and over my shoulder.

"Nope not today." I march up the slight slant to my door step.

"Tanner put me down!" She punches at my back softly. So I put her down, her hair a mess and her cheeks so red. "What did you do that for?" She fixes her coat smoothing it back over her stomach. "How did you do that?" Her eyes glance down at her body and it almost breaks me when that expression of embarrassment washes over her face. She seems to think she's too big, too over the limit for me to pick her up like I did. She's wrong, way wrong.

"Don't think that. Even without you speaking I know what you're thinking. Your body is perfect okay?"

Her eyes shift to mine, her cheeks more red but not from the cold wind. "Okay." I step closer and kiss her softly, holding her cheek in my hand.

"Ewwww," Emerson whines. I laugh turning to my daughter who is now covering her eyes, peeking through the cracks of her tiny fingers. "Get a room. That's what I tell mommy when her and Ma-" she slaps her hand over mouth. I tense slightly but when Tayzley taps my arm and washes away my thoughts. I'm suddenly fine.

"We need get everything in. If I'm going to cook dinner we need to find the dishes."

I nod, calling for Em to follow us inside.

***

Whatever Tayzley is whipping up in my new kitchen smells fucking good. Emerson is in the living watching a movie on the TV, so I take this moment to sneak off into the kitchen.