Cincuenta y siete

~MA57~

Nakakatawa pero in the coming weeks, naging tambay kami ng KTV bars sa SM North at Timog. Lalo na kapag punuan ang mga booth sa timezone, dumidiretso na lang kami sa KTV bars to rent a room. We would spend at least two hours after my classes practicing. Hiro, Charlie and Mason have been very supportive of my newly discovered talent to showcase: to rap. Kung hindi man available ang tatlo upang samahan akong mag-ensayo, it would either be just Charlie and Mason or Hiro and Charlie who would accompany me. There are always two of them who would try to spare some time to help me practice.

I'm not going to lie, when Hiro first suggested this, agad itong nakatikim ng sapak sakin. Hindi ko alam na seryoso pala ito nang imungkahi niyang subukan kong mag-rap. Akala ko talaga, inaasar pa niya ako dahil nga tone deaf ako.

Later that night however, I tried doing raps and I realized that when rapping, you don't need to hold a note. You don't need a lot of effort or voice lessons. It's more on how you deliver the flow and emotion of the lyrics and how you project yourself when rapping. It's a skill that anybody can practice. Kaya nabuhayan ako ng loob.

Wala naman akong planong gumawa ng sarili kong lyrics. Kailangan ko lang talagang mag-ensayong mabuti at pagsanayan ang mga rapper's songs. Na gabi gabi kong sinimulang gawin.

It helps being eidetic so it was very easy for me to memorize the lyrics.

"LISTEN EVE-RY-OOOONE! L.A. KWOK IZ IN THE HOOOOUSE! YEAH! Go bespren! Woo!" saad ni Charlie na hawak ang mikropono na tila DJ sa isang club.

Sabay sabay pa kaming tatlo ni Hiro at Mase na natawa sa sinabing iyon ni Charlie bago nito ipinasa sakin ang isang mic na inabot ko naman. Charlie played Nicki Minaj's Super Bass.

"This one is for the boys with the booming system

Top down, AC with the cooler system

When he come up in the club, he be blazin' up

Got stacks on deck like he savin' up

And he ill, he real, he might gotta deal

He pop bottles and he got the right kind of build

He cold, he dope, he might sell coke

He always in the air, but he never fly coach

He a mother father' trip, trip, sailor of the ship, ship

When he make it drip, drip kiss him on the lip, lip

That's the kind of dude I was looking' for

And yes you'll get slapped if you're lookin' yo

I said, excuse me you're a hell of a guy

I mean my, my, my, my you're like pelican fly

I mean, you're so shy and I'm loving your tie

You're like slicker than the guy with the thing on his eye, oh

Yes I did, yes I did

Somebody please tell him who the eff I is

I am L.A. Kwok, I mack them dudes up

Back coupes up, and chuck the deuce up."

Charlie started singing the chorus, because well, that part we all know that I couldn't sing.

"Boy you got my heartbeat runnin' away

Beating like a drum and it's coming your way

Can't you hear that