47: waiting

Sapnap woke up to George groaning.
He sat up and stretched. His neck and back hurt from sleeping in a chair. "Hey hon, what's wrong?" He ask yawning.
George looked at him and rubbed his lower stomach. "I think the pain meds are wearing off.. I'm hurting" He said trying to lay comfortably.

Sapnap got up. "I'll go get a nurse" He said. He looked at their baby and left.
George lifted the blanket. He just made sure he wasn't bleeding again.. he'd never get that image out of his mind.

He looked at his baby and sighed softly. At least he was still alive.. sapnap came back in with a nurse who ask him questions and took a needle, and pushed whatever was in it in to his iv.

He soon felt the pain subsiding and he got a question he wasn't expecting. "Would you like to hold your baby?" She ask. He looked at her with a surprised look and nodded. "Yeah- I would- is he gonna be okay when I hold him?"

She nodded. "Just be gentle of course, he'll be okay, just as long as he has all the tubes attached" she opened the glass and gently picked him up and handed him to George. George looked down at him and teared up. Their baby..

Sapnap sat beside him and looked at the baby. George put his finger on his little hand, and he held his finger. Of course George started crying but he was happy.
Sapnap held back tears and gently pet his head.

She smiled softly and left them alone for a while. The next few days were rough. George could hardly walk, he was in pain often, the worry of the baby.

But a week in the hospital and George felt better. Of course he'd have to take it slow but as long as the baby was okay he didn't care. Sadly he'd had to have surgeries for his lungs which scared both to death during this week but he'd come back safe.

It wasn't going to be easy but it never would be. Sapnap got to sleep in more comfortable places luckily. George needed to get out of the hospital because he knew the bill would be crazy.

But anything to save their baby. He got to go home but they had to keep visiting the hospital. They would leave late at night and come early in the morning. Dream was in a bit of rehab for what happened to him and wasn't around as much.

But eventually the surgeries were over.
Their baby was in rehabilitation for surgery and everything that had happened to him. But sapnap and George were warned.

If he got any kind of sickness he'd be at a high risk of not pulling through. When he got a bit older he'd get better but had to be on medicines. Eventually he'd be okay but still at risk.

So they had a lot to worry about. But they'd make sure he was safe. After everything they finally got to take him home. George still couldn't do too much moving wise but he'd gotten better.

He sat on the bed and fed their baby.
They had signed his birth certificate today when he was leaving the hospital.
And they'd given him a name.

George played with his little hands and sapnap watched with a warm smile.
Things might be going okay now.