nineteen.

SOPHIE LOUNGED ON THE COUCH LAZILY,  giggling to herself as the color-changing sheep in her head kept her entertained.

When Bree had asked Sophie if she wanted to go out with her and Caitlin, she agreed, thinking they'd actually be going out. Instead, they were staying at Bree's house doing absolutely nothing while time passed.

She felt herself awake from her daydream when Bree arose from the sofa with a huff. "Caitlin, this is so boring. Wouldn't you rather go to a movie?"

Caitlin shook her head, keeping her eyes trained on the door like she'd been doing for the past hour. "No."

"Yogurt shop?" Bree offered.

"No."

Bree stared at the back of Caitlin's head with a deadpanned look. "Buy matching pink cars and race across the country?"

"No."

"Do you guys wanna go to the park?" Sophie tried excitedly.

Sophie loved going to the park, not for the scenery, but for the drama. Sometimes she'd sit at a bench and listen in on people's conversations as they'd walk by. Interestingly enough, volleyball moms had a lot to say.

Caitlin shook her head once more and Sophie lit up when she remembered another thing the three could do. "Wanna go to Taco Bell?"

"No..."

Sophie's smile transformed into a frown and she laid back down on the couch with a sigh. The brunette's lack of actual response was beginning to frustrate her.

It seemed Bree was tired too. "Okay, Caitlin, what is wrong with you? All you ever wanna do is hang out in my living room."

"I guess I should tell you," Caitlin spoke finally. She leaned forward slightly, growing bashful the more she talked. "The reason why I always wanna hang at your house is because... I kinda have a crush on Adam!"

"Adam who?" Bree asked with narrowed eyes and Sophie sunk further into the couch as she felt the air beginning to grow tense.

Caitlin looked at her friend obviously and Bree recoiled. "Wait, wait. My brother Adam? Ew, Caitlin, no..."

She frowned. "Why not? Compared to my last two boyfriends, he's an upgrade. For starters, he's real."

Sophie smiled softly. "My last boyfriend was part unicorn..."

Bree blinked. "First off, you and I are talking about that later," she pointed at the blonde before looking back at her brunette friend with a grim expression. "Second, Adam's not here. Third, this whole thing is weirding me out! Let's just... go to the mall!"

Caitlin jumped off the sofa excitedly and Sophie followed. "Will Adam be there?!" At Bree's glare she laughed nervously. "I'm joking... sort of. I'm not."

Bree sighed. "Just wait right here. I'm gonna get my new jacket. Back in a sec."

Sophie nodded and began playing with her nails when she felt a large gust of wind go by. She looked back to Bree, only to find nobody there.

The girl disappeared with the blink of an eye and Sophie gasped loudly when she realized what that meant - she just used her powers!

She glanced at Caitlin and jumped onto her lap, bringing her head close to her shoulders as she covered her eyes with her hands. "It's a surprise!" She exclaimed, eyes darting all over the place for something that could help her out.