eighteen.

"YOU WOULD LOOK NICE with a man bun."

Sophie spoke out of the blue, surprising the boy sitting next to her.

"Me?" Sebastian confirmed, letting out a chuckle when the girl hummed out a 'yes'. "No, I'd look monstrous."

"Monstrous," Sophie repeated, earning a nod from Sebastian. "Do you mean like a monster?" He nodded again and Sophie huffed. "Why not just say 'I'd look like a monster'? You don't have to use fancy words, it's just me," she shook her head with a frown.

"I'm not supposed to be using easy words," the taller boy tutted. "We're here for you to learn stuff." Sophie rolled her eyes and he raised a brow. "I'm not wrong, am I? Look, you learned something right now! Monstrous, you can use that with your friends. Impress everyone you're around."

Sophie shook her head with a disapproving gaze. "I don't get smart people."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Sophie walked over to her friends, cradling a baby doll carefully in her arms.

For health class, everyone had to take care of their own baby dolls. Every time something bad happened to the baby, they'd lose a point and they needed at least 80 to pass the class.

Sophie figured it'd be an easy assignment. She always wanted to have a little sister and she knew she'd want to be a mother one day. And now was a perfect time to display her motherly skills.

She noticed Chase sitting with his baby in his arms and decided to join him. "I see you have your baby too?" She pointed out.

He grinned at her. "Yes, I do. In fact, I was just telling these guys about how I still have all my point." She nodded approvingly and used her baby's hand to high-five his baby's hand.

Bree turned to Adam with an expectant look. "So, where's your baby? Lost it already?"

"Haha," Adam laughed sarcastically before frowning. "No. Do you really think I'm that irresponsible?" He asked with narrowed eyes before presenting his messenger bag to the group, his baby's legs sticking out helplessly. "It's in here. I named him 'Shut Your Cryhole.' That way, whenever I say his name, he'll know to stop crying."

Leo blinked. "You keep your baby in a bag?"

"Yeah! It's super-toasty, books to read if he's bored, and it's totally safe." He continued to pull his baby out of his bag, revealing the many pieces of trash that had stuck onto him during his stay. Adam gasped, "You found my gum! And a penny!"

As Chase and Adam continued to bet on their babies, Sophie focused on the one in her hands. She had yet to figure a name out for her, and she wanted to be as creative as Adam had been.

"Sophie!"

Sophie was pulled away from her thoughts when she heard a feminine voice call out to her. She looked up and saw Jasmine striding towards her, an excited look on her face.

Since she became cheer captain, Sophie hadn't spoken to Jasmine as much as she used to. Stephanie was what kept them together, and without their former best friend, they didn't have anything to talk about.

"Guess what happened?" She asked with wide eyes, and before Sophie could respond she continued talking. "You know that new boy, something-Braun? Well, he totally got- Is that a baby?"

The brunette's eyes landed on the doll Sophie was carrying and the blonde nodded happily. "Yup! It's for health class, wanna name it?"

Jasmine shrugged, clearly annoyed at the amount of time they were spending not talking about what she intended to. "I don't know, Apple?"

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Sophie handed Apple to her health teacher, feeling oddly sad to see her daughter go. She felt like she had bonded with the baby, even though she only had it for a few hours.

"98 points, fantastic job Ms. O'Neil, '' Mr. Tan praised.

She sighed and made her way out, not before giving Apple a sad wave goodbye. As she stepped out, she noticed Adam and Chase with their babies. "Oh, hey...guys?" Her eyes widened when she took in their babies' appearance. Adam's baby's head looked like a waffle and half of Chase's baby's head was burnt. She gasped, "Your babies look monstrous! What happened?"

Chase shook his head. "It's a long story..."

After turning in their babies, the two went back out to talk to Sophie. Or at least Chase did, Adam had seen a squirrel at the window and decided to go outside and follow it.

"So, how many points did you end up with?" Chase asked.

"98!" she exclaimed happily. "What about you?"

Chase looked down shamefully. "33," he murmured.

Her eyes widened. "What about Adam?"

The boy's murmur became quieter. "34.."

Sophie couldn't believe her ears. Chase was in the 30 range? She was about to console him when she was reminded of something.

She beat him!

For the first time since Student of Semester, Sophie finally beat Chase Davenport at something. The blonde couldn't be happier, but she knew Chase was upset and she didn't want to rub it in his face.

"It's only one grade," she declared after a few moments of stunned silence. "I'm hungry. We should get cookies."

Despite his failure, a smile appeared on Chase's face.

"I guess cookies do sound nice..."

A/N: This was also a filler chapter, whoops!

Remember how my laptop had 1/4 of its screen white? Now it's the whole screen and I'm gonna have to start writing chapters from my phone :(

How have you guys been doing? I know I asked that last time but I still wanna know :)

Also, any ideas for upcoming chapters? Anything/anyone you wanna see less or more of? I love hearing from you guys, don't be afraid to be harsh w/ me too.

Anyways, don't forget to comment, vote, and/or share!