two.

LATER THAT DAY Sophie sat at the same table, except instead of the football players like usual it was Leo Dooley and his friends that were seated with her and the cheerleaders. Sophie enjoyed the change. They weren't as loud as the football team, and she was finally able to eat her food in peace without it being used as one of Trent's weapons.

She finished cutting up Adam's food and pushed the plate towards him gently, smiling when he thanked her. She then turned to Chase, wanting to ask the question that'd been on her mind ever since they left the cafeteria earlier. "Is Spike your superhero name?" she asked, resting her head on her arm that laid on the table.

He paused, looking at her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I asked you to sign my face and you wrote down Spike, silly. Isn't your name Chase?" Chase's eyes only grew wider when she revealed that he was the one who wrote Spike on her forehead. "I- Erm... Well-"

She put a hand on his arm comfortingly, shaking her head with a smile before talking lowly. "It's okay, your secret's safe with me - I'm a great secret keeper. Jasmine cheated on her boyfriend and I haven't told anyone!"

Chase blinked before looking over at another table. "Hey, there's Trent. I better go apologize." He stood and Sophie's hand fell onto the table. His friends began talking about something that didn't interest her and she closed her eyes tiredly.

Sophie's peace was only temporary, however, as Principal Perry stormed into the Cafeteria only seconds later. "Hey! New kid! Come here!" she demanded loudly. Chase rushed towards the principal and Perry glared up at him. "Do you know what happens when my football players get humiliated? No! You don't. Because my football players don't get humiliated!"

"They look humiliated to me," Adam called out, slurping on his food with his straw.

"I know what team spirit is about. Because I was the jammer on the North Pacific roller derby championship team."

"Quite an accomplishment," Chase smiled nervously.

"Don't mock me, squash face. My career ended when a trash talker like you got inside my head and I wiped. One zebra called it the worst single-bodied collision she'd ever seen."

"I'd crash too if I saw a talking zebra."

"It's a referee, you desk donkey! They told me what you did this morning at breakfast. You will not undermine the morale of my team. Evacuate this table. Now!" Sophie lifted her head off her arm, pouting as her new friends abandoned the table.

Chase stood up straighter and spoke in Perry's face. "Watch who you're talking to, sports bra! I bet you panicked, threw yourself off the track, and blamed the other team for your weakness."

Sophie recognized the voice change and turned to Stephanie with a gasp. "It's Spike!" She exclaimed in a whisper, pointing towards her forehead. Stephanie rolled her eyes. She was the only one who wasn't a fan of the change in the table, and she expressed her distaste towards the new kids with the cheerleaders when they weren't around.

Chase and Principal Perry continued their banter and finished it with a deal. There was going to be a football game, the Dingos versus the Alpha Dogs. Winner gets to keep the table.

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Why can't I keep it?"

"Because they lost, Sophie. They're losers. You can't walk around with a loser's name on your face."

Sophie was sat on the girls' bathroom sink while Stephanie stood in front of her, wiping at her forehead furiously in order to get rid of the sharpie.

The results of last night's football match were not surprising. The Dingos had won despite the majority of the school rooting for the Alpha Dogs, but it should've been expected since the latter was outnumbered. Stephanie was not in the slightest bit happy the next day when she saw that the word "SPIKE" was still plastered across Sophie's forehead.

"But I like Chase, he gave me his pudding cup.." Sophie trailed off sadly. Stephanie shook her head and poured more hand sanitizer onto a napkin before rubbing it against the black ink. "Ask Michael for his pudding cup. It's not that big of a deal."

She shook her head with a roll of her eyes. "Michael loves pudding, he'd never give me his cup."

"Deal with it, then." Stephanie said simply, washing off the last bit of ink. "You can write another person's name on your face, just not Chase or his team of nobodies." Sophie frowned and Stephanie sighed, throwing the napkin into the trash can. She pulled her off the sink and led her out of the bathroom. "Hey, do you know who's name would really look cute on your face? Trent's!"

Sophie scoffed. She didn't want any randoms to sign her face. They'd have to work for it first. Besides, Trent already signed her face at the beginning of the year. She couldn't have any repeats, that's just lame.

Stephanie and Sophie walked through the halls and the crowd of students parted immediately at the sight of the two most popular girls. She spotted Chase and his friends among those students and she saw Bree wave to her excitedly and point at her BFF necklace that she had given her the day before. She was about to wave back but Stephanie pulled her closer with a disapproving glare.

Sophie frowned and looked away from the group, ignoring the little tug she felt in her heart when Bree's smile faded.

A/N: Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)