nine.

SOPHIE HAD BEEN DISTRACTED, to say the least. 

After what happened at the Hoop-A Palooza, both her ego and conscience had suffered from a massive hit.

Her conscience was suffering the most. After Adam had invited her to hang out with him and the Davenport-Dooley crew (or the failure four, as the cheerleaders had dubbed them) she couldn't help but rethink her past actions. Even after all the taunting, Bree, Adam, and (kind of) Chase have been nothing but kind and helpful to her. She had yet to speak with Leo but at the same time, she didn't want to. He was the one the popular kids made the most fun of, if he so much as smiled in her direction after everything they've said she would vomit on the spot.

As for her ego, she wasn't alone. All of the cheerleaders had been a little shaken up from the cheer bomb Adam and Bree performed. Stephanie was the one whose confidence had been rattled the most - the cheer bomb was about her, after all.

Not only that, but the whole school thought Stephanie was a joke. The cheerleaders had been spared from the teasing but everywhere she went Stephanie was reminded of the fact she got out-cheered by the weird kid.

"You know Bree's not so bad, Stephanie," Sophie said as she braided the girl's hair. The two were having a sleepover and Sophie was trying to convince her to let Bree on the team.

She scoffed. "You're kidding, right?" 

"No, I'm not. She would be a great addition - she can cheer, she's fast..."

Stephanie's expression stayed the same.

Sophie sighed. "She already felt the sting of rejection... She can replace Heather! Her neck's not broken and her house is way cooler-"

At this Stephanie perked up. Heather had one of the best houses in the squad, and if Bree's house was better...

"Fine," she sighed. "Let her know we're coming over on Saturday."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Stephanie, Sophie, and a handful of other girls waited outside of Bree's house. They had only seen the exterior but Stephanie was already impressed.

Finally, the door opened and Stephanie rushed in, Sophie following close behind. She gave Bree a hug as a greeting.

"Hi! I'm so-"

Stephanie threw her blanket at Bree, successfully shutting her up. "Sick house. Totally huge, insane views, and it looks down at all the renters," she said with a grin of approval. "Okay, girls! You can come in."

The rest of the girls came flooding through the door, ignoring Bree's welcomes and marveling at her home.

"We were gonna go to Caitlin's, but her house is a dump compared to this," Stephanie said, unbothered by the fact Caitlin was behind her and could hear everything she said.

Caitlin rushed to defend herself. "I'm getting a pool," she said with a grin.

"Inground or above?"

"Above."

Stephanie wasn't amused. "Oh nice, an outdoor bathtub. We might as well just go to the city pool."

Stephanie couldn't get another word out as she had been knocked down by a pillow from Bree. "Pillow fight!" she yelled out. 

Sophie grabbed a pillow from the couch and hit Jasmine with it. "I've always wanted to do that!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Jasmine snatched the pillow from her hands and Stephanie rose from the couch, a glare etched on her face. "Did you just hit me with that pillow?!"

"Yeah, and you just totally ate that couch!" Bree grinned.

Stephanie's glare hardened. "Okay, if you're gonna get all weird, we need to pull the drapes."

Bree's smile fell and she threw her pillow onto a nearby chair. "Well, if we're not gonna have a pillow fight, what are we gonna do?"

"Duh. We're gonna take pictures of ourselves having fun and send them to the girls we didn't invite."

Sophie made her way over to Bree and took a photo of them together. "I'm totally sending this to Heather," she whispered. 

As she pressed the "send" button Adam and Chase emerged from the kitchen. "Hello ladies," Chase greeted. "May I offer you a healthy and delicious snack?"

"Yes, care for a horse 'Da-ver-ver'?" Adam offered.

"Ugh... I don't feel so good," Chase mumbled as Caitlin took a cracker. His face contorted in pain and a third arm ripped through his sweater.

Adam and Sophie screamed simultaneously, the latter hiding behind Bree. "It's alive! It's coming out of his chest!" Adam cried.

Chase's expression fell at Adam's reaction and he stood straighter, exasperated by his brother. "Adam, we've been over this. It's a prank! I don't really have three arms!" He shook his arm to make his point clearer.

Adam let out a breath. "I know, but it looks so real!"

A/N: Sorry for taking so long, I've been busy :( This chapter had an abrupt ending but I didn't know how else to end it lolol

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)

Shameless self promo: Just published my Butchy fic, check it out if you have the chance! <3