seven.

SOPHIE STOOD BY HER LOCKER, ignoring the boy who stood only a few feet away from her. She had never noticed how close their lockers were until now and on any other day this news would have excited her, but after the tutoring session they had, her mood only dampened.

She pulled out her essay from her backpack and double-checked it with a satisfied smile before closing her locker. All she had left to do was turn it in. She looked up and she couldn't help but jump as instead of a view of blue, her vision was filled with the one boy she wanted to see the least.

"I don't like you right now," she stated with crossed arms.

Chase nodded with an ashamed look. "I know and that's okay. I was being a big jerk yesterday and let my ego get the best of me. I shouldn't have called you, or Adam for that matter, stupid."

Sophie stared at him, offended. "You let your what get ahead of you?"

"I-" He shook his head. Talk now, teach later. "Nevermind, it doesn't matter. I just wanted to say I'm sorry." Sophie nodded and the two stood in awkward silence until Chase decided to break it. "Can I see your essay?"

She narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "Why?"

"I just wanna see what I'm up against," he said simply. When her expression didn't change he reassured, "don't worry I'm not going to pull anything. I already turned mine in."

The girl nodded, eyes still narrowed, and handed him her paper. She watched closely as his eyes scanned over the words.

"No way is that the first lady?" Chase gasped, looking over her shoulder.

"Michelle?!" Sophie turned immediately, her eyes wide with excitement and Chase took the opportunity to whip out his pencil and get to work.

He began correcting her spelling mistakes as quickly as he could, trying not to cringe at how some words were spelled. How does someone misspell orange? Luckily he had practiced as he had done this the day before with Adam's paper. Sophie wasn't the only one he upset that day.

Just as Sophie turned back around Chase had finished. He handed her essay back over to her with a wide smile, trying not to act suspicious.

"She's not here," Sophie narrowed her eyes at him.

Chase slapped his hand to his forehead. "Aw, sorry. Did I say Michelle Obama? I meant to say poster of a llama. " He noticed Adam walking through the entrance of the building and he saw his chance to get away. "I've gotta go, make sure you turn your essay in quick! Good luck," he rushed the words out and shot the girl a thumbs up before racing over to Adam, a wide smile now taking over his face.

                                                               ─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"After some careful constitution, I've decided to forgive you."

Sophie sat down next to Chase for their next tutoring session with an excited grin. "And yes, I know what constitution means!"

"Don't you mean consideration?" Chase tried.

"Yes, that too," Sophie waved him off and began pulling out her things, her smile wider than ever.

The girl had won the Student of the Semester contest and she couldn't be happier. Coming to school she was doubtful because as much as she hated to admit it, Chase was right. She couldn't even spell her name right, what made her think she was going to win a writing contest? But alas she ended up proving both herself and Chase wrong, because who's name did Principal Perry call off the speaker? Hers!

Sophie was basically ripping at the seams because of how close she was to babbling on about how excited she was. She had to hold it in all day because Stephanie didn't like hearing her talk about herself. She would be lying if she said part of the reason why she forgave Chase in the first place was so she could tell him about her day.

And if Chase's amused expression was anything to go by, it seemed he sensed this too. "Do you want me to ask about it?"

"Yes please."

"What did you-"

"-Well first they took me to the auditorium to take my cheesy picture and there was this big tree! I have no idea how they grew a tree that big with no dirt but that's not the point. After that principal Perry-"

And so she rambled on and on with Chase listening, chiming in with his own thoughts and questions occasionally.

And for a second time, they were not getting any math done.

But neither of them saw a problem with that.

A/N: I've been thinking about starting a Butchy from Teen Beach Movie fanfiction. Thoughts?

Anyways here's another chapter! Chase and Sophie finally are considered more than acquaintances.

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)