four and a half.

LEO DOOLEY
was a great dancer, Sophie could tell you that much.

The small boy was let down from the older women's arms, and the crowd that had previously been laughing at Chase erupted in applause for Leo.

"All right, everybody, give it up for my Aunt Janice and her book club!" He gestured towards the women he danced with and the crowd's applause quieted down as everybody went back to their own business. Slow dancing music played and Sophie took Isaac's open hand.

The music slowly stopped and she pulled away, moving her toes around in her shoes to make sure they weren't broken after he'd stepped on them so many times. 

"Sophie! Isaac!"

Jasmine strode her way over to the two, her boyfriend following after her. "Let's go. Martha went crying home and I don't want to stay any longer in case Charlie decides to go for round two with his weird pickle dance." 

"His name is Sp-Chase," Sophie corrected. She looked around the room in search of said boy and noticed him sulking in a chair next to his brother. 

"Great, an even lamer name." Jasmine scoffed. "This dance is boring and we're leaving." 

Jasmine grabbed her hand and she shrugged it off, not minding the harsh glare she gave her soon after. "I need to go to the bathroom," she said. Jasmine stared at her, searching for any signs of dishonesty before nodding. "We'll wait for you outside, don't take too long."

Sophie watched as they left the gym and once she was sure they were gone she turned her back, looking for a certain brunette. She skipped over to his seat once she found him and tapped his shoulder, smiling when he met her eyes. "Hi Spike," she beamed before whispering urgently. "I need to talk to you."

Chase looked at his brother and Leo before nodding, standing up and following the girl as she led them to a secluded corner in the gym. "What's up?" He asked.

"I just wanted to tell you I know your brother's a superhero too," she whispered. Chase looked at her, stunned, before asking with an awkward laugh, "what makes you think that?"

Sophie rolled her eyes. "I'm not dumb. In fact, I actually have a fifth sense-"

"-I'm not a superhero and neither is Adam. We're just ordinary teenage boys." Chase stated loudly, waving his hands around to make himself clear. A knowing smile formed on Sophie's lips.

"I get it, keep it lowkey. See you later then, 'Chase'." She winked then turned her back, only for her 180 to turn to a 360 when she remembered something. "Also, I loved your pickle dance! You should teach me sometime!" She grinned excitedly before skipping out of the gym, leaving an exasperated Chase standing in the corner alone.

Don't forget to comment, vote and/or share! Feedback is always appreciated :)