Kaito Momota

Shuichis pov

"and so the mastermind is" I took a shaky breath. I didn't want to say it but I had to. I can't hide from the truth anymore! "you kaito momota!"

I wanted him to deny it. I wanted him to prove me wrong. To prove that he was the wonderful person I've fought together with during this hell but instead he just smiled.

"not bad shuichi. Guess I should have expected as much from my main character"

"main character? What do you mean by that?" tsumugi asked.

"oh well this whole killing game thing is a TV series that's watched my millions around the world but that's not important" he shrugged it off.

"hold on this whole time we've been trapped in a killing game!" kiibo yelped.

"hey I said it didn't matter didn't I!" he yelled "all that matters is the huge amount of money the survivor of this game wins"

I stared at him in disbelief. He did all this for money!?

I thought I'd win of sure seeing as I was picked to play the role of mastermind. I thought I was pretty good if I do say so myself but all my works down the drain thanks to that little weasel" he glared at me. I shrunk back. I've never seen kaito look at anyone with such hate before. Not even kokichi.

"still in a way I'm kinda glad I got caught" he smiled blissfully "playing the role of the idiotic wannabe hero was so tiring. Can you imagine the amount of inspirational speeches I had to memorise! If one good thing came from doing this tiring act it was seeing that look on that brat Kokichis face when I told him I was the mastermind. Then of course I squished him with that press. All his idea of course. He saw it as some brilliant way to end the killing game. Too bad he chose the wrong person to work with!" he laughed cruelly.

I felt sick. Kokichi. All this time you really were trying to help us. I'm so sorry I didn't believe you.

"you basturd!" maki yelled suddenly "how dare you toy with people like that!"

"what are you mad about? Your the one who shot him" kaito smirked.

"yeah cause I wanted to protect you. I loved you!" she yelled with tears in her eyes.

"aww ain't that sweet" he sneered "well too bad! I never loved you and never will. The only reason I tolerated you would be an interesting character to bring into the spotlight"

Maki looked heartbroken. I ran up to hug her. This seemed to annoy kaito.

"jeez I can't stand this lovey dovey bullshit!" he groaned "I'm not getting my prize money so I might as well kill myself. Anythings better than staying with you guys" before we could stop him he pressed the button.