Chapter 10: Play?

Third Person Pov:

"Your voice is my favorite sound

"Your voice is my favorite sound."

~~~~~~~~

"You like her, don't you? Y/n, I mean."

"SQUAWK!!! New mission! New Mission!"

Star, Y/n's crow says as it flies over her head. Training stops with Kanao on the floor and Y/n holding a wooden sword to her chin. 

"SQUAK!!! Kanao, Y/n, Tanjirou! Dangerous demon sighted in carpenter's city, travel north!" Her crow announced, nibbling on Y/n's neck once it lands on her shoulder.

Y/n lets out a breath as she removes her blade from Kanao's neck and holds out a hand. Kanao gracefully takes it, allowing the brown girl to pull her up. 

"Good job today." Y/n breaths out as she pulls the butterfly sister up. Kanao nods as the two shake hands firmly as a way to show respect for their training together. "Meet me and at the entrance of the estate. We'll leave together." 

And with another nod, Kanao walks back inside the estate.

"That was so cool!" Zenitsu praises as he rushes in front of the brown girl. "You're so strong!"

Inosuke pushes Zenitsu over with stars of admiration surrounding him. "HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SO STRONG? FIGHT ME! FIGHT ME!"

"I have a mission. I'm sorry, I can't." Y/n states firmly as she grabs a hold of Zenitsu's hand and pulls him up. "And thank you, Zenitsu." She sends him a small smile before turning to Tanjirou. "Meet us at the entrance." 

And with that, she left inside.

Usually, he'd praise the brown girl for her skill, as well as Kanao. But Tanjirou just stood there, watching her walk away. The question Zenitsu asked half an hour ago, still ringing his head. He doesn't know why, but he just froze as soon as he was asked that question.

"You like her, don't you? Y/n, I mean."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Inosuke asked the red head as he pokes his shoulder. "Gompuriou! The fuck is up with you? You're staring like an idiot!"

Tanjirou blinks a few times snapping back to reality, sweat dropping when he does. "Really? Sorry!"

"Is it about the question I asked?" Zenitsu asked, although he already knows that's exactly why. "Sorry Tanjirou! I didn't think you'd freeze!"

"You did this?" Inosuke asked, aggressively poking the yellow haired male now. "What the hell did you ask him?"

"Ow! Stop poking me!" Zenitsu yells as he slaps Inosuke's hand away. "And all I asked was if he liked Y/n?"