Chapter 30: I Want to Remember You

Second Person

"I want to remember how I loved you

"I want to remember how I loved you. Let me love you like I did once before."

~~~~~~~~

After three weeks, you finally went back to rehabilitation training with the others. You were mostly with the Hashira for training or your daily check ups, curtsy to Shinobu.

During the past week, your memories very slowly were returning to you. The Hashira made it sort of a game to see who could trigger the most of your memories.

And to everyone's surprise, it was Giyu. With a total of three with some te other Hashira who hadn't gotten one, except Misturi and Shinobu.

The Hashira's were beginning to doubt their skill. Little did they know, you arguably were the closest to Giyu than any other Hashira, minus Rengoku.

Moving on, during the last week, you didn't see anyone outside of the Hashira. The others were worried from your behavior when they trained with you. But no one came to the conclusion that it was due to memory loss until they were told.

Devastation. The word used to describe how they feel. Pure devestaion.

You sat on the bed you had grown familiar with for the past two weeks. Shinobu was doing your check up but left to get something so you were left to wait for her return.

Kanao, who had been in search of the Butterfly Hashira, walked in the room in hopes of finding her. But is shook to find you instead, staring out the window watching a butterfly that landed on the class.

You felt a presence enter the room and turned your head to find the raven. You furrowed your eyes, as if to recall who she was until you remembered seeing at her at rehabilitation training and hearing Shinobu mention her.

"Kanao?" You said her name almost in question to if you were right.

The raven's eyes widened when you said her name. She hadn't expected you to remember it, let alone her in general. But she tried not to get her hopes up.

"I-" Kanao recognized her voice as quiet and paused, trying again. "I was looking for Shinobu? Do you... do you know where she may be?"

"She left to get something." You answered as you stared at the girl curiously.

"Oh. Thank you." The raven continued to stare at you, not knowing if she should leave. Staring at you, she could see that you looked the same as she remembered but something about you was different. Her memory. She reminded herself.

"Do you want to wait for her?" You asked, taking notice of how she hasn't left the room yet.

Kanao seemed to snap back in reality for a moment. She grabbed the coin from her pocket, staring at it for a moment before squeezing it in her hand and looking back up to gaze at you. "Yes, I would."