Chapter 22: Alive?

Third Person Pov:

"Will I live or die? Why is the choice so hard to decide?"

Why is the choice so hard to decide?"

~~~~~~~~

Nezuko hums a few times while tapping on her brother's shoulder with her small hands. Her body shrunk down to the size of a small toddler her brother's head laying in her lap. Her big eyes staring down at him, waiting for him to open his eyes for reassurance that he's alive.

Slowly, Tanjirou regains conscious. Opening his eyes to be met with his younger sister's. Blurry at first but his vision soon clears.

"Nezuko. . ."

Turning his head a bit, he's able to glance at their surroundings. Seeing all the broken buildings from before, now completely destroyed. With only smoke and burnt wood from the destroyed houses left.

The destroyed houses- town having absolutely nothing left, including lights. Allowing the moon's shine to be the only source.

Shakily, Tanjirou pushes himself up as he sees all of the damage. "So awful. The whole place is a wreck."

Suddenly, little Nezuko nuzzles her head into his arm. As if telling him to acknowledge her part in saving him.

"You were the one who saved me, Nezuko." Tanjirou says with a smile, understanding her perfectly clear. Placing a hand on her head, with three fingers visibly broken. "Thanks!" Hearing her hum in satisfaction.

"Wait! What about the others? Y/n?" Tanjirou tries to stand but falls back down to his knees. Being unable to walk due to his lack of energy and increase in injuries. 'I can't... move my body! No. Why am I unable to move at all? Why am I alive? After being poisoned!'

"Tanjirou!"

Upon hearing what sounds like Zenitsu's voice, he turns his head towards the direction. "That sounds like Zenitsu!"

"Tanjirou! Help me!"

Hearing his calling, Tanjirou tries to move. But fails to do so because of the pain it forces on his body. As well as amount of strain and number of injuries.

Noticing his struggle, Nezuko moves to help him. Placing him on her back and running off into the direction of which they heard Zenitsu.

"Tanjiro!" Zenitsu screeches when the two arrive. "I woke up, and my body hurt all over! Both my legs! Are the broken? What's going on? Who did this to me, huh? It really hurts! I'm too scared to look!"

"You're okay, then? Thank goodness!"

"I am anything but okay!" Zenistu screams while moving around drastically on the ground. "Not that I don't deserve your pity, too, but Inosuke's in bad shape! The sound of his heart beat is getting fainter and fainter! And I can even hear Y/n's! It's either not there or it's too faint!"