Chapter 4: Emotions

Third Person Pov:

"A bitter reality of truth can be wisely told in a sweet rale of a lullaby

"A bitter reality of truth can be wisely told in a sweet rale of a lullaby."

~~~~~~~~

The Flame Hashira and Kinoto, made their way on the Mugan train. The two eat together in one of the carts.

The whole time, Y/n couldn't stop herself from glancing at Rengoku. The image of her father in Rengoku would constantly flash in her eyes. His warm presences and kind smile, just like her father. She couldn't stop staring at Rengoku, even if she tried.

And of course the Flame Hashira noticed her glances. He chose not to say anything, thinking she'd eventually say something. So he patiently waits for her to do so. And soon enough, she does.

"I-" Y/n holds her breath as she turns to the Flame Hashira. "How do you smile like that? So kind, and there's no mask underneath. You're free to feel happiness, no matter how bad things are. Or how many people hold you accounted for. How do you do that?"

Rengoku pauses, surprised by her sudden question. He looks over to her and his eyes widen at what he sees.

The Flame Hashira sees a scared little girl. The little girl looks exactly like Y/n, but younger. She has the same haori, but it's bigger on the little girl. Her hair's in two pigtails with star hair clips. She's holding star earrings to her chest. And tears runs down her face as she cries for her father.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

Rengoku blinks a few times, snapping back into reality. The little girl disappears, leaving Y/n in it's place. "I'm sorry, I thought I saw something." Rengoku says, shaking his head lightly before staring at the girl with a bright smile. "Would you still like to hear my answer?"

Y/n stares at him for a moment before nodding. "Yes, if you don't mind, I would."

Rengoku smiles, causing Y/n's eyes to widen as she sees parallels of her father in Rengoku. "No matter how tough things get, you should smile. The world-"

"-Is full of bad things, but don't let that stop you. You-"

"-Continue to smile, no matter how hard tings get. One day-"

"-You'll find your reason to smile, just like I did. And when you do, you'll-"

"-Understand the true meaning of happiness. Let it be known that-

"-Anyone can fake a smile. But not everyone can truly admit why they don't feel the happiness of that smile. But you-"

"-Can choose whether you let your past get to you. You-"

"-Can choose whether you'll be happy and live your life to the fullest content. Because-"

"-You are a star, little star."