Chapter 18: Oiran

Third Person Pov:

"She who envies others does not obtain peace of mind

"She who envies others does not obtain peace of mind."

~~~~~~~~

"Like this?" Inosuke yells at Tanjirou while wiggling his fingers. "Do you get this, then?"

"Uzui, Y/n, and Zenitsu should be coming soon to check in so-"

Tanjirou's cut off by Inosuke rising his arms to imitate the demon he saw. "It was like this, okay? It was clear to me!"

"Yeah. Yeah." Tanjirou nods with. . .weird face.

Currently, the two boys are waiting on the rooftop of a house. They're waiting for, as previously said, Uzui Y/n and Zenitsu.

"Zenitsu won't be coming." Uzui spoke, causing the two boys to turn to him. Being met with his and Y/n's presence, which they did not see or hear appear.

Inouke turns to them, hiding his shock. 'They got mad skills! They didn't make a sound. Not even the slightest puff of wind!'

"Zenitsu won't be coming." Tanjirou repeats with a concerned look. "What do you mean by that?"

Uzui stares down at the ground below him, his back facing the two boys. "I feel bad about putting you through this. I wanted to. . .rescue my wives so badly, I made decisions. As it stands, Zenitsu is missing. There's been no contact since  last night." 

"You two should leave now. You're ranked too low for this. If the demon here turns out to be an Upper Rank, you couldn't handle it. If you vanish from here, they'll assume that you're dead." He stands up alongside Y/n. "We'll be continuing this mission on our own."

"No, Uzui, we-"

Uzui cuts Tanjirou off. "Don't be ashamed!" He glances back. "Whoever survives, wins. Don't overlook your chance."

Then suddenly, the two vanish.

But appear on the rooftop of another house, much further away.

"You stopped here." Y/n spoke with slight confusion. "Why?"

"You were quiet. You didn't speak. What's wrong?" Uzui looks over to her and asks.

"What do you mean? I'm always quiet."

"Not so much lately." Uzui bring a hand to his chin, as if thinking about the events that's been occurring since this mission begun. Till finally, he spoke again. "What happened when you went to visit the boys for a report?"

"Nothing. I asked them questions, they gave me answers, and I left." Y/n answers, exclusively leaving out the important part. "Why?"

"After that report, is where you started to go quiet again." Uzui spoke and stares at her for a reaction. "Inosuke."