Chapter 5: Dream

Third Person Pov:

"You were a dream

"You were a dream. Then a reality. Now a memory."

~~~~~~~~

The five Demon Slayers are all sleeping. Each having their own dream. Y/n's having a weird dream.

A dream that feels all too real. Is is what she's always wanted? Is it the past? Is it a memory?

No, it's a dream. A dream where she can possibly redeem. Maybe it'll help her see. That it's alright it to stay a memory.

She's having a weird dream indeed.

*Her dream*

Y/n opens her eyes, being met with a ceiling as she does. But not just any ceiling, a ceiling of a house, not the train. Immediately, she sits up and scans the room she's in. It looks familiar, very familiar.

"Little Star! Are you awake?" The voice of her father says as his figure enters the room. He smiles as he sees his daughter sitting up. "Oh, so you are."

Y/n's body freezes as she stares at her father in shock. That's when it clicks. The reason why the room looks so familiar, is because it's her old room. She back in her own home.

Y/n looks around the room. "But how...? How and I here..." Her gaze lands to her father. "How are you... you're okay...."

"Of course I am. Why wouldn't I?" He asks with a small laugh as he sits on her bed. He rests his hand on her head and smiles at her. "I'm perfectly fine, Little Star, but are you okay?"

Y/n stares at him, tears wielding in her eyes as she does. She immediately hugs him, moving her arms around his back seeing if this is real. If he's real.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asks as he pulls her into his chest and rubs her shoulder. He wipes her tears away as he continues to hug her.

"Yes... a very bad one..." She says as she continues to cry. Her going from sixteen year old demon slayer. To a eight year old, scared child. "Please stay with me. Don't let me go."

"Never. I'm always with you." He says with a small smile as he starts to sing her aa lullaby. The one always sings her whenever she has nightmares or her anxiety's on a rise. So the two sits in her bed, hugging each other. One needing comfort, one giving comfort.

Meanwhile,

A little girl's wondering around in Y/n subconscious. Her goal is to find the brown girl's spiritual core and destroy it.

The little girl stares at a window, seeing Y/n hug her father. Seeing how distracted the brown girl is, she runs, trying to find her spiritual core.