Countdown To Baby pt.2

y'all know what it is.

"Happy New Year, sweetie." Alberto smiled as they parted from the kiss. "Same to you, Berto." Luca tried to focus on the motion and his heartbeat, but it was nearly impossible. Especially what happened at the stroke of midnight. "Wow, I didn't know the 4th kiss of the New Year could take your breath away." Alberto smirked. Turns out, there were more than nine reasons why Luca's breathing stopped and was so unevenly. "Come on. You can't take all the credit now, especially since we're about to be parents." Alberto's smile began to slowly disappear as he focused on the pregnant reef siren's face. "Luca? You okay, baby?" Everybody in the living room, even Bruno, watched Luca as he fell to the ground on his knees, with a hand on his soon to be empty abdomen.

"WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!" The periwinkle siren exclaimed as he caught Luca. "MMMMMAHAHAAAAAAAOOOOOWWWWWW....." Luca groaned. Alberto took notice on the large leak between his crotch on his sweatpants, and quickly sprung into action. "HOLY CARP! OKAY, OKAY! LET'S GO! AND WHOOOP!!" Alberto swiftly scooped Luca up as if he weighed less than a handful of pomodori. "What happened?!" Giulia rushed over to the two sirens. "Luca's water broke!! Guess he or she didn't like the fact that they were in for a whole literal year!!!" Alberto yelled, hurrying Luca bridal style upstairs. "Okay, Mr. Scorfano, is it okay if you can watch our children for us?" Amelia asked the archer. "Yes, should I take them to bed, or-" He got cut off by the uneven scale. "YES, THEY CAN STAY UP UNTIL I SAY IT'S TIME FOR THEM TO GO TO BED!!" The ram and her blonde-haired wife rushed upstairs.

(in their room)

Alberto gently rushed Luca in their bed as the younger siren felt another blast of distress shooting through his body. "AAAAH! IT HURTS, 'BERTO! IT HURTS!!" Luca wailed in pain. "I know, honey. It's gonna be over soon. Just try to relax. Breathe." Alberto tried to soothe down the siren. "Deep breath in...." The periwinkle siren inhaled. "D-deep breath out..." Luca shakily exhaled. "There you go." The Scorpius gently smiled. The breathing treatment kept going about 27 minutes or so, until another contraction hit Luca. The baby was desperate to come out. "OW!!!" The siren screamed. "Okay, this is getting out of hand. I'm gonna go and get your parents so that we can-" Alberto was cut off by the panicking cancerian. "W-wait! Don't go! You- wah! You can't leave!" Luca whined and groaned in agony. "I know, but they need to be here, okay?" Alberto rubbed Luca's cheek. "O-okay.... Just hurry-UGH!!" The green-eyed male hurried out of the room while Amelia and Giulia flashed in.

*****

Thinking about nothing but his husband and baby made him race to Luca's parents like he never did before. Good thing they purchased a house on the surface. As Lorenzo and Daniela were doing their daily chores, Alberto burst the gate door open with his foot. "Alberto! We just fixed that fence!" Lorenzo complained. "Sorry, Mr. Paguro. I'll fix it later!! I came to tell you guys that-" Alberto was cut off, again, by the water bearer. "Wait! Is-is Luca-?!" Daniela yelled. "Exactly!! The baby's coming!!!" The pair froze. "WHAT?!" They dropped their equipments for each chore. "Yeah! I came to get you two so you can help us." The periwinkle siren raced over, but was suddenly stopped by Daniela. "Where is Luca now?" She questioned. "He's over at our residence." "WELL, WHAT ARE WE WAITING FOR?! LET'S GO!!" Lorenzo and the others rushed back. "Just hang on, baby. Hang on...."

*****

"ERRRRRR!!!!" Luca groaned as the baby in his tummy continued to dance around inside him. "Sweetie, c-calm down, please. You're giving mommy a hard time... ngh.." He moaned in distress, but hey, at least the baby stopped. "You're doing so good, Luca. Remember your breathing exercises." Amelia soothed the crab down. "Amelia, I-I'm scared...." Luca softly whimpered. "It's gonna be okay. Trust me, it wasn't easy raising Silver and Savanna.." She softly chuckled. "But you, Alberto, and the baby are gonna be fine. Okay?" Luca was relieved, but as he was about to say something, another pain shot through his body. "YEOW!!" He howled. "I- think the baby just moved into position.." The teal siren said. "Yup, it's time." Giulia worried. "But Alberto isn't back yet.." Amelia said as Alberto banged through the bedroom door. "Well, guess I spoke too soon." "Luca!!" He rushed over to the cancerian that was in pain. "I'm here baby. I'm..... I'm here. It's gonna be alright." The scorpion kissed his forehead. Luca soon enough kissed back, trying to mask up his pain and distress.

Not less than 17 seconds later, the brunette's parents raced in. "Luca, honey." Daniela drifted her hand over her son's cheek. "Mama.... I'm scared. I don't know what to do, and- Ow!!" Luca panicked. "I know. I went through the same thing when you were coming. Listen, I'm gonna help you through this, okay? You're not alone.." The water bearer calmed down Luca. "AAH!!" Luca shrieked again. "Looks like it's time. Honey, get some towels. Mrs. Paguro, get Luca a blanket. Mr. Paguro, get Luca some water." The blonde scale said as almost everyone ran out of the room to get everything she demanded. "Don't worry, Luca. We got this." Amelia said with a determined look on her face. Daniela threw the blanket over Luca's legs as Lorenzo gave him a cup of water. He drank every drop. "Thank you, fa-AAAAAH!" Luca didn't have time to say anything else. "Okay, you ready?" Giulia asked as Luca rapidly nodded. Amelia and Giulia helped Luca get into position as Alberto got on top of the bed, strong arms wrapped around Luca's shoulders, pulling him back to lie against his chest.
"Are you ready?" Amelia questioned the cancerian. "Yes, yes! Anything to stop the pain!!" Luca wailed.
"Alright! Now........ Push!!!!"

HOLY CARP!!

Love y'all, stay messy, and ALWAYS spill the tea!

-Zari💜♋️