𝒍𝒙𝒊𝒊. at-risk

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO: AT-RISK !

6x20

━━━━━━

       CASEY SAT IN HOTCH'S OFFICE, FIDGETING WITH HER HANDS AS SHE SAT IN FRONT OF HER UNIT CHIEF. It was mandatory for the team to have a check-up with how they were feeling about Emily's death. Casey had spoken with her therapist daily about Emily so she had said all she needed to say to her therapist about the Emily situation.

       The two had been sitting in silence since Casey had been refusing to speak about the situation any longer. Getting fed up of sitting in silence, Casey sat up. "Well, what do you think?" She started.

      "What do I think?" Hotch questioned, furrowing his brows at the girl. "How do you think I'm feeling? Because, honestly I don't know. I don't know what I'm feeling." Casey admitted. The numbness of grieving was hitting her. She grieved the way she needed to grieve. That was all there was to it.

        Hotch studied the girl in front of him. "I think you're taking Emily's death harder than the others. She was like a sister to you, almost. You cared for each other. And honestly, I think sometimes you're letting it control your job." Hotch admitted to the woman.

        "I'm still stable," Casey stated and she nodded in her thoughts. "Yeah. Ever since the funeral, I've been going to her place. I've been going... every day for the past few weeks. I've been going to grief counseling with my therapist, I've been going at least three times a week and I know that's so much, but... I don't know what else to do. Because if I don't go to my therapist, then I go to Emily's place and if I don't have Emily's place, I'll start drinking and if I start drinking, I'll lose everything."

         Casey thought about drinking so often because of Emily's death but she knew she couldn't. Some days were harder than others. She'd often call Reid to help her through the fight of herself and her brain.

       "I'm sad... but... I'm mostly angry.  I'm angry that... I let her walk out of that door. I saw her walk out that night and I didn't stop her or say anything. And I have continuously kicked myself in the head for that. That was the last time I saw her. I didn't even see her when she was at the hospital. So, yeah, maybe I am taking it harder than the others."

━━━━━━

        "A woman went in there and just shot up the place?" Seaver questioned as the team had taken the next case. A woman had committed a crime at a local gun shop and shot up the place, killing at least three men.

"Yeah, witnesses heard gunshots and saw a woman leaving the store." Garcia stated. "Is there enough for a sketch?" Morgan asked. "Family-owned business. No cameras." Hotch told.