𝒙𝒙. fast & furious

CHAPTER TWENTY: FAST AND FURIOUS !

4x11
━━━━━━

CASEY HAD BEEN ON THE PLANE, WAITING TO BE BRIEFED FOR THE CASE THEY HAD THAT CAME STRAIGHT TO THEM. Casey was seated next to Emily as Jordan had come back in the room with folders for the case.

"This is Orange County, California. Ten days ago, Judy Hannity, a real estate broker and a mother, was shotgunned on the 91 Freeway." Casey looked down at the pictures of the wrecked vehicle and it looked wrecked.

"She survived this?" Casey asked. "Barely," Jordan answered. "She's paralyzed from the waist down. The second and third victims were both DOA, there were different vehicles for each shooting. A small black SUV, a black Sedan, a white Sedan, no makes, no plates."

"No solid witnesses?" Morgan asked next. "The first victim described the shooter as a normal, middle-aged white guy in an SUV." Jordan told. "She gave that description but she couldn't remember anything else?" Hotch questioned. "Isn't that consistent with trauma?" Jordan guessed.

"Uh, actually, no," Emily spoke. "Trauma victims either remember everything or nothing." Casey turned over as Reid began to speak. "So wait--the third victim was shot last week, we just got the phone call today?" He asked.

"Until the third shooting, the locals weren't convinced it was a serial shooter. There were different cars, and the first shooting there was a different weapon." Jordan explained.

"It's the same weapon," Rossi stated, placing the pictures down in front of the group. "The shot pattern on the second and third one are much wider, though." Reid told. "No, Rossi's right," Casey said, getting a better look at the pictures. "He sawed off the shotgun. The bullet holes are the same size, but he's trying to cover his tracks by sawing off the shotgun."

Everyone looked at Casey in confusion. "What? I'm smart." She told.

"It's the same shooter. He's evolving, and quickly." Rossi said, sitting back down. "The media has already dubbed him the Road Warrior." Jordan informed. "That explains why they wanted us there so quickly." Emily said.

"What do you mean?" Jordan asked.

"This type of unsub is the hardest to catch. Totally impersonal victims. A third of the crime scene flees with him and his vehicle. The victim's car's a wreck. And the last third, the road, it's contaminated by all the other cars that drive over it." Morgan explained.

"So how do we get him?" Jordan asks.

"We build a solid profile," Hotch interferes. "We release it to the public with an appeal for help. Somebody knows this guy."