𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. valley of the dolls

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: VALLEY OF THE DOLLS !

5x12
━━━━━━

       "RITA STUART, 25, SECOND VICTIM IN ATLANTIC CITY." JJ was presenting a case to the team after they had been notified of a dead body of a girl, that looked like she was dressed as a doll and was placed on a Merry-Go-Round at the mall.

"Pretty public spot for a dump site." Rossi comments. "You know, technically, I think it would qualify more as a disposal site. You don't leave a body on a Merry-Go-Round out of convenience." Reid tells. "He took some time with her appearance, didn't he?" Emily spoke.

"Yeah. Her nails were polished, he hair was cut, clothes were brand-new." JJ added. "Wants her to look her best when found. That's a lot of remorse." Morgan says. "Who's victim number one?" Hotch asks. "Stacia Jackson, 29. She was found at a local playground." JJ informs.

"A change in victimology." Casey says. "What's the connection between these women?" She asks and JJ shakes her head. "There is none. Rita was married, Stacia was single. Rita worked at a diner, Stacia was a corporate lawyer. According to their credit cards, they never came within 10 miles of each other."

"Both women were taken two months ago?" Hotch asked. "Yeah. They lived such completely different lives, the police didn't tie their abduction together until now." JJ told.

"Was there any evidence of sexual assault?" Reid asks. "There was no evidence of violence of any kind." JJ says. "So, how did they die?" Emily asks. "Rita had a stroke, Stacia had a brain hemorrhage."

"Look at this, the unsub gave them a battery of drugs-- atracurium, doxacurium. These are neural inhibitors. They block signals from the brain to the muscles." Reid explains, looking over the file. "He put them in medical comas for two months?" Casey questioned. "Actually, they weren't in a coma. You'd need phenobarbital to keep them unconscious and they didn't have that." Reid corrected, causing Casey to nod her head in understanding.

"So, wait a minute. These victims were paralyzed but they were still conscious?" Morgan asks. "They could open their eyes, hear, probably even feel stimulation." Reid stated.

"Physical immobility, but mental awareness. This unsub wants total domination over them." Rossi tells. "And he turns their bodies into prisons to do it." Hotch added.

Soon enough, the team was on the jet and they were ready to debrief over the case. Casey was in her seat, reading over the case. "Keeping women in a conscious paralysis reads as sadism." Rossi spoke. "Definitely dehumanizing, reducing them to objects." Morgan tells. "But there's nothing else about this profile that takes us down that path." Rossi told.