𝒗𝒊𝒊. memories of high school past

CHAPTER SEVEN: MEMORIES OF HIGH SCHOOL PAST !

3x16
━━━━━━

      CASEY HAD BEEN BACK AT THE BAU, READY FOR ANOTHER CASE DOWN IN A SMALL TEXAS TOWN. Two police officers had been blown up along with a house. That's all Casey knew, really.
      They had been waiting on Reid at the round table since they had gotten the text towards the nighttime. Casey was wide awake since she hadn't gotten any sleep and was drinking caffeinated soda to keep her on track and awake.

Casey looked up at the screen as JJ had showed them what the officer who died shot on a camera before he was killed. Casey looked over as she saw JJ turn her head away from the screen and Casey sees that Reid has arrived and seats himself next to her.

"Sorry, I'm late." He apologizes. "I hope she was worth it." Rossi comments and Casey furrows her brows in a joking manner. "I hope it was a she." Morgan follows. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was at the movies." Reid clears up.

"Oh, really? Why don't you tell us what it was about?" Rossi questions. "I had to leave early, so I can't really--" Reid looks at both Morgan and Rossi and Casey could see that he was lying about seeing the movies. She didn't have to be a profiler to see right through him.

      Hotch interferes, "I know it's late, I know we're tired, but we've got two dead cops." He says, sticking back to the case.

"All right, uh, the resident, Rod Norris, was DOA. They're still trying to ID The remains of the second victim, whom they believe is his sixteen-year-old daughter, Jordan. From the condition of the remains, she would have had to have been inside the house close to the source of the blast." JJ explained.

"Clearly, they used the bombing to set the officers up for an ambush." Emily added. "It's a well-established terrorist tactic. First wave takes out civilians, the second wave takes out first responders." Reid tells.

"The locals are thinking terrorism in West Bune, Texas?" Casey asks. "No offense, but they're not really a target, are they?"

"Not exactly a tier-one target, but DHS did issue a terror alert for the border states yesterday, just due to the timing and nature of the attack." JJ explained to Casey. "I've never heard of this place," Morgan said.
"I mean, the militia, okay, that I could see."Emily shrugs, "Yeah, well, it is close to the border. It could be traffickers sending a message."
"Whoever it is, they gunned down two cops and blew up a teenage girl. Till they're stopped, no one in that town is safe." Rossi stated. "We need to be cautious with the locals. They've lost two of their own, They're anxious, they're scared and they're gonna want revenge." Hotch explained.