chapter two

I walked with Rodrigo to the place that I worked at, smiling. I was way too happy for my own good, and I'm pretty sure that Rodrigo had noticed... I mean, I had just kissed the guy i had the fattest crush on, so whoever didn't notice my hobo-dressed ass skipping around the streets like some five-year-old was definitely blind.

I reached the place that I worked at, Milk Street Café. I walked inside and greeted Maya, Alex and Farrah. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 1:30pm, I would usually work until 5:30, then my shift would end, and I would just go home or go out somewhere with Rodrigo. I got changed into my outfit in the locker room and went to go work, I started off by just casually wiping down the tables.

I worked through the rush hour, serving people and taking orders, making drinks and cleaning. During the rush, it was always loud, yelling at each other for orders, taking customer complaints, and just dealing with life in general in some cases.

It was finally 5 o'clock, I had just half an hour of my shift left. Farrah walked up to me.

"Bye, see you tomorrow", she waved, while walking out the door.

"Bye", I smile

I went into the kitchen and saw Alex cleaning; the kitchen was closed so we were only selling pastries and drinks. I grabbed the broom and walked back outside, I started sweeping when a customer entered the café, I looked up. It was Professor Dion. I went up to the counter to serve him, I was pretty sure he had noticed me.

"Hello, Y/N", he smiled.

I greeted him back.

"Could I please have a-", he was cut off.

"-A, triple shot macchiato, with a slice of lemon and cream on the side", I smiled.

He smirked, "you remember my order?"

"You're a regular, why wouldn't I?", I smiled back, "but we don't have any macaroons left today... so I guess there's nothing sweet today".

"I don't mind, besides I already had something sweeter than honey in the lecture hall a couple hours ago", he let out a smirk, ever so slightly.

I'm pretty sure I blushed before I could feel myself heat up after hearing that. How could he say that in public? He paid for the drink and took a seat. While I was making his order at the coffee machine, I noticed him sitting next to the window reading a book.

'How does someone look so good, and have an amazing career at a young age', I thought.

I gave him the coffee and he thanked me. I went back behind the counter and started cleaning, the coffee machine and wiping down all the stations. Maya walked up to me.

"Hey Y/N, you wouldn't mind closing up right?", she asked, "I have to take care of my niece"

"Oh, I don't mind, I don't really have anything to do once I get home anyways", I smile.

She shook my hand and hugged me, "thank you so much!", she exclaimed, she leaned into my ear and whispered before leaving, "just leave the key in a hanging potted plant outside".

Alex walked up to me, "I cleaned kitchen, and my shift is over, will you be ok on your own?", he asked.

I nodded.

"Then I guess I take my leave", he smiles.

He softly kissed my cheek and left; he's always done that, and I don't mind. I looked over at Professor Dion and he didn't look so happy, I saw him look at the tall boy running off. He let out a deep sigh, stood up and walked towards me.

"Look, Y/N, I don't mean to rude or anything", he took a deep breath, "but who was that?"

I looked over at him, "that's Alex, he's the chef, makes all the amazing food".

"Right, right, so just colleagues?", he asked.

I nodded in response, and just hummed.

"Then why did he kiss you?", he asked, again.

"He's always done that, it's nothing to be jealous about, everything's good?" I replied, "and why are you asking so many questions? I swear I put nothing in the coffee".

"No reason, I'll take my leave, thank you for the coffee", he turned away, "an I expect a new essay by tomorrow thank you, one that is suitable for marking".

He left and I did a last check for anything and closed up the shop.

On my way home I couldn't think of anything but what he said. It bothered me. I decided to edit up my essay, and that night I had a dream I didn't think I would have since high school and puberty...