Chapter Ten; Reminiscing Old Memories And Creating New Ones.

We create memories to keep in our minds as well as our hearts but what happens when we decide to create new ones just in case the old ones are forgotten?

Maya's pov.

Having my childhood best friend around was like a dream that I never want to wake up from

Having my childhood best friend around was like a dream that I never want to wake up from. A dream that I would love to be in for the rest of my life.

But reality sets in when Mama and Dad are getting involved in trying to separate us.

Why?

Well, let me explain.

Being a Muslim has its restrictions. Well, they aren't restrictions but precautions to protect us from doing some things we shouldn't be doing.

"Dad, I promise you that Rocco and I aren't and will not do anything to hurt you. Besides, I doubt that he will do anything to hurt me or anyone in the family", I try explaining to my father who is reluctant on making us separate.

"It's not that you both will do things but this is because of....."

I shake my head when I realize what he was talking about.

"You mean the obnoxious aunts I have. Dad, you are someone who knows me inside and out. You matter and not them. You should trust me instead of them. Besides, if I ever do something to hurt you, Rocco won't allow it. He respects you too much to do that", I said to him.

I looked over to see mum and Jade sitting on the couch. I knew that they will not interfere when dad starts his lectures.

I love my dad but sometimes he needs to stop listening to people who aren't family.

"I know that May and I do trust you. Fine, you can hang out with him but not alone. Take Jade with you", he says knowing that Jade severely dislikes going out.

She loves the indoors too much.

"Thank you, dad. I promise you that I will not disappoint you", I tell him as I hugged him.

I mouthed ' I am sorry ' to Jade who just smiled at me.

Rocco's Pov.