Chapter Three; First Day Of Hell. Oops, I meant High School.

Maya's Pov.

A Month Later

A Month Later.

On the first day or last day what matters is how you spend it. You can either make it or break it. It all depends on you.

You make your day.

First Day.

It has been almost a month since we moved into the new house. It had a big backyard for Alfie to get lazy in the sun hoping he did not wander out of the yard. The first day of school, hopefully, won't be bad because I would rather stay home if that happens.

Waking up early isn't hard for us as we are early risers, well am lying I am not an early riser but I can be one.

But that doesn't work if your parents work at the school you go to.

Mamma is an English teacher, while dad is the school counselor.

Yeah, I know but Jade and I aren't the types of kids who would throw tantrums just because our parents work in our school.

"Ready, Jade?", I ask her as she walked out of her room.

"Not really but let's get this over with. Come on, before dad starts embarrassing us", she says taking my hand to hers as we walked down to the kitchen to find our parents there already dressed.

"Dad, are you two done romancing?", I tell him making him jump.

"Maya stop. And even if we aren't done. She is my wife and the love of my life", he says with sass while kissing mamma's cheek making her turn red.

Their love is one of a kind. The love that I want to have in shaa Allah but according to uncle Naeem, they are annoying when they are together.

After finishing breakfast, Jade and I had to leave for school. It isn't that we don't want to be seen with our parents, well that's it.

Sorry mamma I hope I don't a class with you in it. No offense to you, my queen.

"Jade, let's go before we see something we shouldn't see", I dragged her outside. We could hear mamma yell at dad but all he did was laugh making mamma laugh with him.

We walked to the car, I toss the keys to Jade as I was lazy to drive.

"Maya? Couldn't you just drive this once?", she tells as she caught the keys.

"No, no, and no. Maybe after school, I will drive. I promise", I tell her giving her a pinky promise.

"Fine, but remember this car is for the both of us", she says getting into the driver's seat.

"Thank you best friend and sister", I get into the passenger seat.

It isn't because I don't like driving, it's because am lazy when it comes to driving or even going out to places.