Chapter Fifteen; Graduation Day And Is It Goodbye Or See You Later Part One.

Rocco's Pov.

It's finally graduation day, and today is the day that everything changed in my life

Feelings like being scared and nervous are what I am feeling at this moment.

I looked in the mirror just to see someone who is somehow lost and needed to find his way back to his MayMay. I don't know how she will be when she finds out what I am planning to do after graduation.

"I hope you can forgive me, MayMay. This is for both of us. You and me together as we always wanted and always will be", I tell myself.

"Rocco, it's time. Let's go", Jayden tells me from outside my door. I could hear his footsteps heading down the stairs.

I opened the drawer where I kept MayMay's diary and took it out.

Today is the day I will return it to her and it's also the day that she might end up hating me for what I am about to do.

As I turned to face the window, I could see her looking at the mirror trying to give herself a pep talk.

I couldn't take my eyes off her but it was time for me to go as Jayden was getting anxious.

This is for you, MayMay. I hope that someday you will understand what I am going through. This is for both of us because we need it.

Maya's Pov.

In life, there are many changes that people go through

In life, there are many changes that people go through. It can either be a great change or the worse change in anyone's life. But still, it's a change that we might need to be what we are meant to be in life.

I knew that someday things would between Rocco and me but I didn't want that to happen. He is part of the most important people in my life apart from my family.

He is someone that I don't want to leave behind when I move to the future.

He is someone that I would always want to have with me no matter what happens in the future.

But I guess life has a different path for both of us. And that's why I am willing to let him go so that he could find himself.

Graduation was the day I thought would never come but it did. Alhamdullilah.

Looking in the mirror, dressed, and trying to give myself a pep talk because I have no idea how I will react when I see him again.

Jade and I have already received our college acceptance letters. She is going to her dream school for cooking.

Yeah, this means free meals for me.

When I got into my dream school of English Literature. Weird, but it's who I am.

I love books.

Why not become a writer?

Anyways, am getting off track. Everything will be okay.

"Maya, come on. Its time. You know how dad is", my lovely sister shouts downstairs.

"Coming".

I gathered my graduation cap and took the most important book, Rocco's diary.

It was time to give it back to him but with something to remind him of me.

I take a deep breath and open the door. As I walked down the stairs I could hear my parents talking about the fact that today is going to be an emotional day for me.

I couldn't help but wonder why?

"She doesn't deserve this, dad....."

"I know but we have to respect his decision. And make sure that Maya is okay. That's what's most important to us and him", dad says to her.

As they heard my footsteps they stopped talking and waited for me to get down.

As soon as dad saw he smiled while mamma had tears in her eyes and a smile on her face.

"Guys, what's with the tears? I am not the only one that's graduating. Jade is too. So hug us both equally", I tell our parents who take us in their arms.

I know that they can't choose who is the best between us. We are their daughters no matter who says otherwise.

They considered Jade their daughter from the first day she came home and never left.

"I love you, guys so much", I tell the three of them smiling knowing that whatever will happen today I will get through it with them by my side.

"It's time to get you two to school for the last time. Let's go", Dad tells us.

Jade and I walked outside the door the same way we came in a year ago.

Together.

"Let's go graduate, sis", I tell her after running towards the car while our parents watch us and laugh at us.

We might have graduated high school but that doesn't mean that we become serious all the time.

Sometimes in life, we need a little bit of craziness to balance out our sanity.

I watched as we drove away, I knew that something was about to happen which would either hurt, break or even make me not trust again.

I just hope that whatever will happen, won't affect the friendship I have with Rocco.

I also know that what I did was wrong but eventually I did apologize to him.

"Hey everything will be okay", Jade tells me smiling.

"Thank you for being my sister. I love you, Jay".

"I love you too, MayMay".