XXIV: The Love We Have

"Ahh it hurts! It hurts!"

"Father, I can't take it anymore! Aaaah!!"

4-year-old Amanda and Armano cried while clutching on their stomach as they drank a spoonful of Aqua Tofana.

"And...times up! Drink your antidote now," Illumi said as he looked at his timer.

The twins quickly took the glass in front of them and drank the antidote

"Good job, that will be the last poison you'd take orally. We just have to train you to be immune to it." He explained to his kids.

"Whew, that was a piece of cake! It didn't even hurt!" Armano gloated.

"What?! You were crying like a baby!" Amanda teased.

"No I wasn't! I handled it like a pro, just like father!"

"Na-ah, you didn't, you even begged for dad to stop. Right dad?"

They looked at Illumi for confirmation. Illumi just smiled and patted their heads.

"You both did great, I'm proud of you two."

Akame entered the room, while holding sandwiches and drinks.

"Kids, it's time for your snacks," she called to them.

"Yeey, I want my chicken sandwich."

"I want cheese!"

"Hold on now," Illumi stopped them from taking the sandwiches, "what will you say to mom?"

"Thank you mother!" They said together.

"Welcome, now go eat your snacks. Uncle Killua is on his way to visit you."

"Yeey, Uncle Kil!!" They cheered.

Illumi went to Akame's side and kissed her cheeks.

Akame giggled. "How were they?"

"They were doing great with the other poisons, but they still struggled with Aqua Tofana."

"I see. Don't worry, they'll be immune to it in no time."

"I'm not worried. I believe in them." He smiled looking at his kids.

"And....done! Haha, I finished first!" Armano teased his sister.

Amanda swallowed the last bite from her sandwich. "No, you didn't! I just finished too, it's a tieee!!"

"No it's not! I finished first!"

"Hey. what's going on here?" Killua entered the room.

"Uncle Kil!!" The twins cheered and ran to Killua.

"Do we have a chocolate robot?" Amanda asked.

"Of course you do," Killua answered as he dug through his bag, "Here you go."

"Thank you!!"

"Yo Kil," Illumi greeted.

"Aniki, how's their training?" Killua asked as the twins ate their chocolates.

"They're doing great. We started with poison and electricity first."

"As usual," Killua chuckled.

"Where's Alluka?" Akame asked.

"Oh, she's outside talking with Kal. They're planning a vacation with the twins. I hope that's okay?"

"That would be great! Milluki's been asking non-stop if he could take them out."

As if on cue, Milluki entered the room while holding a laptop. "Illu-nii, I already booked us a day at Nawaoki. It's going to be tomorrow— oh hi Kil!"