XIV: Zoldyck Meeting

Illumi felt shifting in his bed. He ignored it knowing that it was Akame, turning in her sleep. As a Zoldyck assassin, he is used to sleeping comfortably while still fully aware of his surroundings. Silva has trained them to sleep while staying alert for sudden attacks. That was why, even though Akame is a messy sleeper, he can still have a pleasant sleep.

After a while, he heard a loud thud and the space beside him suddenly felt light. He sighed and finally opened his eyes. Akame fell from the bed again. He sat up and was about to get her, but she was already climbing back to the bed while still sleeping. He chuckled to himself, this wasn't the first time he saw this but it still gets to him. He tucked her in and stood up.

He was about to leave to prepare the place where he would take her, but his phone suddenly rang. He looked at the phone and saw it was Silva.

"Yes, father?" He asked as he answered the phone.

"Where are you?"

"I'm just about to leave Chance City for a mission," he lied.

"Can it be rescheduled?"

"I think so. What's wrong?"

"I'm calling for a Zoldyck meeting. Can you get here today?"

"Okay, I'll be on my way."

Silva only calls for a family meeting for serious reasons. That is why Illumi decided to postpone their date. He wasn't sure how long the meeting would last, usually, their meeting lasts for a while since it means there's trouble or conflict that they'd have to resolve.

He looked at Akame and saw that she was still sleeping peacefully. He didn't want to leave her without saying anything, but she was still sleeping soundly and he had to go home as soon as possible. He took one of his pins and activated his Ren. Then he licked it and left a message and pierced it in her nape again.

"There's an emergency I have to tend to. I'll be back."

Illumi put her in comatose again for three days. He made sure to put stronger nen again since she always manages to wake up. And that is why he left a message with nen if she ever wakes up again. He wanted to make sure to see her right where he left her when he comes back, that is why he put his pin. He only wants what's best for her because he cares for her. She's precious to him, and he never wants to lose her in any way possible.

He kissed her forehead and tucked her hair behind her ears. Then he finally went out of the door. He took his car and drove to the airport and bought a ticket to Parasta.

After a few hours, he finally arrived at Parasta Airport. He walked out of the airship and was about to go to his car when he heard a familiar voice.

"Aniki?"

He turned to the voice and saw that it was Kalluto who was standing beside him.

"Kalluto? What are you doing here?"

"I just came back from Meteor City, father told me to go home as soon as possible."

"Meteor City? You have a mission there?"

"Sort of. I joined the Phantom Troupe and we had to fix things there weeks ago and we just stayed there for a while."

"Ah, I see."

"What is the meeting for Aniki?"

"I'm not sure. There's probably trouble in the estate and we have to decide as a family."

"It seemed serious."

"It probably is."

This was the first time that Kalluto was summoned to a meeting. They usually had a proper conversation at home, but being summoned while out for a mission was new to him. The last Zoldyck meeting probably happened before he was born.