XVIII: Keeping them Apart

It has been a month since the incident had happened. Killua and Alluka are left free by the Zoldycks, while Illumi and Akame still hadn't spoken nor remember each other.

Akame is usually ordered to accompany Kikyo in whatever she does. This has been new to her, since the last time she remembers, she usually accompanies the young Zoldycks for a mission. She is not aware that Kikyo is actually keeping an eye on her.

Illumi is given lots of missions from faraway places, and Silva makes sure that his targets do not possess interesting Nen so he won't consider taking Akame.

They have done a lot of precautionary measures to make sure that the two lovers remain away from each other. Silva and Kikyo planned to do this until they are sure that the two, no longer see each other as lovers.

Zeno, on the other hand, feels sad. He wanted to help his grandson since this was the first time he saw him act like a human. He was sad to see that Illumi lost his humanity. Zeno didn't want this for his grandchildren, yes, they are an assassin but that doesn't mean they should lose their humanity. And this was the very first emotion that Illumi had since he was given the Zoldyck training.

"Where's Akame?" he asked Tsubone.

"She is with Lady Kikyo, master"

Zeno nodded. He went to Kikyo's room, there he saw Akame just standing in the room while Kikyo was drinking tea. He wanted to see how she was doing. He knows that Kikyo has used her abilities on them, but somehow he was hoping that the two will find their way back to each other again.

"Zeno-sama," Akame greeted him.

"What is it, father?"

"I need Akame for my mission"

"Are you with Illumi?"

"No, I'm alone"

"Okay. Akame, you heard father."

"Yes, master" she bowed to Kiko and left the room.

"Where are we heading, master?"

Zeno smirked and looked at her. "Chance City"

"Okay, master. I'll prepare the car for you."

"Couldn't you just teleport us there?"

"I'm sorry master, but I have never been to that place yet. I need to have a mental picture of the place we're teleporting before going."

Zeno frowned. Akame should be familiar with the place. He was sure that this was the city where Illumi kept her, but maybe Kikyo has erased this in her memories as well.

Akame and Zeno went to the garage and drove to the airport. After two hours they arrived at the city. Zeno watched closely to see if something trigger Akame's memories, but there was no hope.

"Where should I drop you, master?" Akame asked while driving.

"In this building," he showed his target's house.

They went to the building to finish Zeno's mission.

Illumi was standing at the peak of Mt. Tayushima. He just finished assassinating various targets. He didn't know why, but he felt empty. He knows that he has always been empty, but he feels like he had been filled with something, but it was taken away from him and now he feels more empty than he was before.

He sighed and went to his cabin, and even that felt as empty as him. He sat down and looked at the stack of folders on the table. He sighed again. Boring, boring, boring. It was unlikely that Silva will give him boring missions. Every target in this stack either does not have Nen or has Nen but is not useful to him.