XXI: Broken Limitation

Akame didn't know what to do. She tried to calm Saku down as she was being hysterical. But she was really scared, she has been acting fine while she was with Kikyo because she's afraid that she will kill her.

"Saku-sama, please calm down. We'll think of a way for this." Akame spoke as she was hugging her since she was having a breakdown.

"I don't want to be here. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be here," Saku kept muttering.

Illumi suddenly came to Saku's room. He was confused why the two of them are hugging and his fiancée was crying.

"Akame, what are you doing?"

"Illumi-sama! Uhm...I was just--"

"She's just comforting me," Saku spoke, wiping her tears, suddenly composed, "I just missed my family. You must be Illumi?"

"Yes, and Saku right?"

"Yes, it's nice to meet you. Sorry, you had to see me this way," she chuckled.

Akame was confused at how fast Saku shifted her emotions. Just a second ago she was having a meltdown and scared of the Zoldycks, but now she is speaking casually with Illumi. She can't figure out what her act was. Did Saku just try to test her loyalty a while ago or was she genuinely scared? Akame activated her telepathic abilities to read her thoughts.

'Is he going to kill me any moment from now? What should I do? What should I say to him so he won't kill me? Please get me out of here. Take me away from the Zoldycks. Take me away from Illumi Zoldyck!'

Akame frowned, Illumi and Saku are having a casual conversation, and Saku is even smiling while talking to him, yet her thoughts are so different.

"Well then, I guess we'll get married tomorrow," Illumi spoke apathetically.

"I guess we will," Saku smiled, and confused as the man spoke emotionlessly.

Illumi looked around her room to see what kind of person she was. His eyes landed on her study table and saw her letter. He walked closer to it to see what it was.

"Are you sending this to your family?" He asked as he picked up the letter.

Saku's eyes widened as she realized it was her letter. "NO! Don't read that!"

She tried to take it away from him, but Illumi already read the highlight of it.

"You're planning to run away?" Illumi frowned.

"N-no! Don't kill me! I'm sorry!" Saku's heart was pounding so fast, she didn't know what to do. She's scared that she might have angered Illumi.

Saku tried to run away since she was close to the door, but Akame blocked the escape to stop her. Saku's eyes widened.

"AKAME?!!"

"I'm sorry Saku-sama, your life is more in danger if you go out."

"Bring her here Akame," Illumi commanded.

"Yes, master"

"NO! Let me go!"

Akame looked at her with concern. She can't let her go out of the mansion, as Mike might kill her. Or she might get lost in the woods and fall from the cliffs around. There's a higher probability that she'd die outside than stay in this room. She's certain that Illumi won't kill her as she is not a threat, she's just scared.

"Why do you want to run away?" Illumi asked.

Saku didn't answer. She just cried helplessly and kept muttering to let her go. Illumi sighed. Akame saw the hint of disappointment in Illumi's apathetic eyes, she felt broken for her master as well.