XX: Fiancée?

Akame and Illumi have just finished their mission and are now on their way back to Kukuroo Mountain. They made sure that the poison, Aqua Tofana, will no longer be accessible to anyone as it possesses a danger to the Zoldycks. Illumi didn't bother to reprimand Akame for disobeying him since it has also saved his life. But what bothered him was why did he not want Akame to remove the needle. Is it to make sure she is safe? But why would he care for this butler's safety? Butlers should always be ready to risk their lives for the safety of a Zoldyck, that is just what Akame did, but why did he try to stop her?

"Illumi-sama, we are already here," Akame broke him out of his thought.

He looked around and saw that they are already in the garage and Akame is already holding the door open for him.

"Are you alright, master?" she asked.

"Yes," he cleared his throat.

Akame accompanied him to their mansion. And while walking, they both sensed a subtle aura hidden in the trees. They can't tell their exact location but they feel that they are being watched. They proceed to walk with caution. Akame suddenly feels a projectile coming their way, so she immediately activated Aura Shield to protect Illumi. Illumi's senses heightened so he saw the exact location of the perpetrator because of their attack.

He threw his pin at the mysterious person and it pierced through their shoulder. Akame and Illumi heard the cry of the person, so Akame activated Dowsing Chain to prepare for battle.

"Show yourself!" Illumi demanded.

The person laughed and revealed herself. She put up her hands as an act of surrender and stepped out of the shadows. She plucked out the needle from her shoulder.

"I guess I don't really stand a chance to a Zoldyck, huh?"

Illumi was confused to see a strange woman in their estate. No one gets in and out of here unscathed. And if they do, they normally can't get through Mike or the butler's post. But this woman has reached and is already just outside of their mansion.

"But I think my hair tie would have reached you if it wasn't for your intrusive butler."

"Who are you and what do you want?" Akame asked tauntingly.

"Step away, this is none of your business, butler. This is between me and my fiancé," she smirked.

Illumi frowned from what he heard. "Fiancé?"

Akame was shocked and confused, she stayed protecting Illumi since this woman could be lying.

"Ah, I see you've already met her, Illu," Kikyo spoke as she walks out of the mansion.

"Mom? You know her?" Illumi asked.

"Yes, son. This is Agatha, from the Fuego family. We invited her to the estate to discuss your marriage. And she was just looking around her future home."

Akame stood down and composed herself. If Kikyo said that she is Illumi's fiancée, then that means she is her future master as well. She stood straight and kept her head low as respect.

The Fuego family is number 2 when it comes to the assassination. They have always been behind the Zoldyck, but the mention of their name is still enough to cause fear to the mafia or anyone from the underworld.

"Marriage? What do you mean, mom?"

"Your father and I have discussed that you are already old enough to start the next generation. That is why we have prepared an arranged marriage for you. And I want you to marry the best girl that is suited for you."