Chapter 1: Across The Field

Sakusa
°
°

I watched the building in the distance grow larger and larger as the bus approached it.

Inarizaki High, the school known for its boys hockey team.

"Kiyo! Are you ready for the match?" I heard my cousin, Komori Motoya, ask.

"I guess..." I answered.

I wasn't particularly ready, nor was I nervous.

I'd heard that Inarizaki's team was insane, from their keeper all the way to their strikers.

"I heard that they're really good..." Komori said.

"We'll see if they can uphold their reputation," I replied as I looked back out the window.

We entered the school's gates and parked near their astroturf before grabbing our bags and making our way towards it.

The Inarizaki boys were already warmed up and were just chilling and talking.

We warmed up and got into our positions as Inarizaki did the same.

The first thing that caught my attention was their center striker.

He was tall, but definitely not taller than me... Probably about 6'1...

He had golden-blonde hair that hung messily over his forehead but somehow looked perfect.

His lightly tanned skin brought out his warm honey-brown eyes.

The black and white kit hung perfectly on his slim but muscular frame.

Long story short, he was hella attractive.

And twice as distracting...

Especially when he went into his set position to start a game.

This meant that he was standing with his knees bent in an almost-squat.

And, my word, were those thighs distracting as fuck...

I realised that I'd been staring a bit too long and got into position.

The whistle blew and the game began.

To keep it short, the game ended in a draw.

It was an extremely tough game, neither of our teams could catch a lead.

We did stick taps at the end as a thanks for the match before going back to the bus.

My thoughts were clouded throughout the whole bus-ride.

They kept trailing back to that blonde center striker.

His flicks and hits were absolutely powerful and on target with perfect form.

He passed quickly and powerfully.

And don't get me started on how he slapped.

I don't know how he dropped to the ground so quickly, but with the view of those thighs, I wasn't complaining.

I wanted to ask for his number, but I may or may not have chickened out.

He was so attractive, it was intimidating.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm unaware of my own looks, but he was just...

Ugh... Whatever... I missed my chance to get his number anyways.

I mentally face palmed myself for not being able to talk to him besides saying 'good game' after the match.

Well, this was the last match of the season but we have a tournament next week.