13. Investigation

You called the maid while you were standing beside your seated father..she soon came in...

maid- you called me sir?
dad- yes, please be seated..

she sat down nervously...

y/n- so..can you please narrate the whole incident that happened in the kitchen in my presence?
maid- which incident ma'am?
y/n- when you came inside the kitchen running...from someone
maid- may be you are having a misunderstanding ma'am..i was just in a hurry..
y/n- why are you lying when you clearly know that i've seen everything..
maid- no ma'am you have a misunderstanding..it's nothing like that..
y/n- but- (cut off)
dad- y/n...stop now...(to the maid) you can now..
y/n- but appa...

he looked at you with disappointment after the maid went..all you wanted to do was help her but she chose not to cooperate..

you hated that look..inside, you were cursing yourself for not thinking enough...you hated that it's the first time you tried and your father was disappointed..but you were determined to get him on your side...

huffing and sighing, you exited the hall to encounter yuhan..

yuhan- so..?
y/n- she didn't tell anything...
yuhan- how about we try.. getting the cctv footage of the maid room as well as of the kitchen on that day?
y/n- i'm impressed by my dumbness...
yuhan- c'mon don't be upset..all you wanna do is help her so..keep on trying..
y/n- hmm..

you both walked to your room and sat on the bed...

you looked around in your room to see where your phone was but instead came across a somewhat suspicious looking black-coloured box with a small beam of red light glowing from it.....

yuhan saw you looking at something so he too came and saw it..eyes widening, he tapped on your shoulder so you turned around to face him and raised your eyebrows...he slowly and without making any noise, put the box back to where it was and turned to you..

you raised your eyebrows and he signaled you lend him your ear...you did..

yuhan- (whispering) i think somebody is spying on you..that box is on right now which means the people who are spying on us are able to hear us so right now don't speak..i think it's here because we're trying to protect the maid..then it must've been set up by mr. lee..
y/n- (whispering back) then how bout i act like i've given up on the case?

he gave you a thumbs up and you started to speak, noticing that the red light was still glowing..

y/n- i tried to help that maid but she didn't co-operate..what's the use of even helping her now?
yuhan- so..you're gonna stop here?
y/n- yup..she's lost the chance..
yuhan- right..i'll be going then...

he rose up along with you and whispered in your ear...

yuhan- act like you closed the door so that they can hear the sound..if the light turns off, then open it again and we can discuss our plan..

you nodded and he exited the room and you closed the door looked at the box..it's light was turned off after some seconds as you sighed in relief.. opening the door, you let yuhan enter..

yuhan- so firstly, we'd need a plan because all the cctv's are under mr. lee's men...
y/n- how about.... you go outside there and try to distract the men and i'll go inside from the window and attack the men inside which i guess should not be more than three..since it'll be sudden, they would not be prepared and it'll be easy peasy lemon squeezy..

he looked at you with a 'wtf' expression and you sheepishly grinned..

yuhan- i've to admit that's a great idea..but how will you handle the men inside?
y/n- (smirk) i may be small but i'm not fragile..
yuhan- oh! i was almost on the verge of fangirling..
y/n- (snort and chuckle)
yuhan- so...when should we execute our plan?
y/n- uh..maybe tomorrow or day after that?
yuhan- day after tomorrow it is, then..

yuhan went out of your room and you started your homework...

(meanwhile)

mr. lee- finally that bitch gave up...i was already pissed off dealing with her..

(meanwhile)

(dad pov)

i was working in my office when i heard a knock..

dad- come in..

the maid from earlier came in..

dad- why are you here again?
maid- s-sir...i want to tell you something..
dad- speak 
maid- whatever y/n ma'am was saying..it was all true..
dad- you spoke otherwise then and now you come here to tell that what you said back then was a lie.. how am i even supposed to believe you...

she then looked at me in the eyes with something i wasn't able to read..

maid- it was mr. lee who sexually harassed not just me but many other maids... he threatened us that he'll harm our families if let even a word out so i was forced to keep silent...
dad- the question still remains the same..how can i believe what you're saying?
maid- you c-can take a DNA test..

i thought about it and found it appropriate..this should clear everything...

i called a specialist to test her and he came after almost half an hour...

after he had finished it, i asked him..

dad- when can i get the result?
doctor- you'll get it by tomorrow sir..
dad- thank you..

he went away and the maid also was gone... i sighed and rubbed my eyes..what if lee is actually behind this? it can't be him, right? i've known him from childhood..it just doesn't settle with me...