21. Sleepover

I open my eyes, feeling confused for a second until I realise I must have fallen asleep on Nate's couch.

How embarrassing.

I groan, lifting my hands up to cover my face when I struggle to move them, looking down and realising a thick blue blanket has been placed on top of me in my sleep. I feel my face getting warm at the knowledge that he has seen me passed out on his couch, probably with a highly unattractive look on my face.

"Oh hi" I hear above me and I tilt my head up to see Nate leaning over the back of the couch to look at me, grin on his face as he sees me awake.

"I was wondering if I should move you to the bed, clearly something has tired you out" and he raises his brow at me, tilting his head slightly and catching his bottom lip between his teeth.

Filthy fucker

"You know what, I just think it's because we went to bed late last night. I can't think of anything else that would make me tired" I furrow my brows, looking away and pretending to think about it.

I hear a dark chuckle above me and barely register as Nate throws himself over the top of the couch and lands directly on top of me, grabbing my hands and pinning them above my head using one hand, the other trailing to squeeze my side.

"I don't think that was very nice of you angel" he says, tickling me faster now as I shriek and try to move away from him.

"I think somebody owes me an apology" he leans down to bite on the side of my neck, his hand never ceasing, and our laughter is bouncing off the walls in his living room.

"Okay! Okay! I'm sorry" I gasp out through my laughter and his hand immediately stops, moving up to join the other in holding my wrists captive.

"That wasn't so hard now was it" he leans down to peck my nose, pulling back to wink at me before jumping off me and sitting at the end of the couch, grabbing my legs and lifting them onto his lap. His right hand rubs my shin, almost absent mindedly as his eyes seem to lose focus.

"Hey" I nudge him with my foot.

"You okay?" I ask him and he turns his head to look at me, an almost nervous look on his face.

"I uh, I need to ask if you can do me a favour" he tells me and I feel my head nodding before I can process it,

"Of course. Anything" I tell him,

Anything? Get a grip woman.

"Marc called me earlier, I think you heard the end of our conversation" he begins and I nod in response,

"Well since you work at the bar, he was hoping you might be able to check the cameras for that night. When JD was with that girl" and I nod again, realising why he wants this footage.

"You want me to try and find her. See if we can find her face" I say to him, and confirmation of my guess comes in a firm nod from him.

"Marc seems to think that if we can show JD her face it might jog something. Or if not, we know who we're looking for if JD wants to take this any further. What do you think?" he asks, gripping my shin in his hand and sending me a curious look.

"I think it's a good idea" I tell him, and I mean it. Anything to help JD.

Nate sends me a small smile, in gratitude I think, then sighs.

"Marc is really beating himself up for that night. He's angry at himself for leaving JD in a taxi with her when they left" he shakes his head,

"He had no way of knowing Nate, have you told him that?"