Late Night Talks

Sometimes after classes end, I go to the library to study or finish up any assignments that might be due soon, and Freddie tags along. It's quite fun when he's there, I feel safe and amused by his presense and up until recently, I've noticed he stares at me when I study. It's a different kind of stare. Not like the ones he gives me when he's listening to me talk or when he's feeling rather frisky, but just a sweet, gentle, calming stare. I adore it.

"Why can't we just do this in your dorm?" He asks, moving a strand of hair out of my face.

"Because the library is the perfect area to study, it's quiet, not too crowded and it feels safe," I reply as I continue to write on the parchment in front of me.

"Mmm, I see," Fred quietly responds. "We should go now though, it's getting quite late."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and look out the window. It really was getting late, the sky was pitch black and the library was getting rather empty.

I turn my head towards Fred and smile. "Alrighty then," I say. "Let's go."

I pack my things into my schoolbag and swing it over my shoulder. Fred frowns sarcastically and takes the bag off me. "I can carry it for you love, you know this," he tells me, grinning.

I roll my eyes and whisper, "Why thank you."

Fred's smile never leaves his face and towards the library exit we start walking, our hands interclined and our footsteps mimicking eachother's as we walk.

We walk down the halls, whispering to each other about our day and what it is we'll be doing later.

"We can always just sneak into hogsmeade," Fred suggests, smiling mischievously at me.

I nod an laugh. "No Freddie, it's really late and quite frankly I really don't feel like being scolded by Filch."

Fred frowns but nods his head in approval. "Let's just have a peaceful night then, just you and me," He says in a sweet tone.

I smile at him and we continue walking to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Fred always carries me into his dorm, due to the stairs being bewitched with a spell not allowing me in the boys dorms.

I laugh and throw my head back and Fred attacks my neck in kisses, walking up the stone steps.

"Fred stop it," I manage to say in between laughs.

"Never," He responds muffling into my neck, smiling.

After we reach the dorm room, he puts me down and let's me open the door. I quickly toss my bag on the floor and jump onto his bed, letting out a deep sigh of relaxation as I lay there, peacefully.

I can hear Fred's laugh from afar as he opens his closet door. He pulls out an oversized red t-shirt and tosses over to me. The shirt lands right on my head, covering most of it.

"Gee, thanks," I say sarcastically.

I pull the shirt from off of me and change my clothes, taking my school uniform off and putting the on the shirt.

Fred, already dressed in his pajamas, walks over to the bed and plops himself on top of it.

"Aren't you going to pull the covers down? It's cold," I say.

"I'm too comfortable right now," He replies with a deep yawn. "Come 'ere."

Instead, I get up from the bed and walk over to the other side. I pull his arms upwards, forcing him to get up as he groans.

"Come on you big baby, get up," I say.

He stands up completely and quickly gets behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Freddie," I whisper. "I need to pull the covers down, you want me to tuck you in bed?"

I can feel him nodding his head yes and pull the bed covers down, motioning him to lay down. He lays down and gets comfortable.

"Now, I'm going to go brush my hair," I say, heading over towards the restroom.

"Don't take too long," Fred whispers sweetly.

I smile back at him and grab my brush.