Guilt ▸ f.w. ▸ iii

suggestion(s): listen to why'd you only call me when you're high or I wanna be yours by the arctic monkeys while reading!! (optional)
y/s- your scent
n/n- nickname
Cedric doesn't die yall gonna spare the poor boy some love. 🙄🤚🏽
I'll revise it tomorrow for mistakes

The way back to the common room was awkward and Fred could feel Lee looking at him with concern.

"What?" Fred asked a bit annoyed. He kept his head down the whole time and continued walking slowly.

"Look mate, I'm sure they're just-" before Lee could finish, Fred stopped dead in his tracks and cut him off, "just what, Lee?" He tilted his head up with eyes widened.

"After what we just saw, you think they're just friends, they told each other they loved each other for Merlin's sake!"

Fred scoffed and continued walking with his hands in pockets of his pajama pants. Lee followed after him looking at the ground again.

"With all to respect Fred," Lee started talking again looking at him sternly. "You're the one that broke it off with her."

Fred shook his head while throwing his hands over his face.

"I know, and I screwed up, and I wish I could take it back!" He put his hands on the back of his head as he continued walking.

"I dont know why I fell for her again. I just don't understand, I'll have to admit these past few weeks, seeing her with Cedric have made me feel so miserable and I wanna be the one to kiss her again, the only one."

Lee looked at his best friend in disappointment but sorrow. He couldn't help but feel bad for his friend, who was in pain and embarrassment.

"Well y/n is pretty irresistible," Lee added. "It's no wonder why so many boys asked her out when you guys were and weren't together."

Fred chuckled lightly at this. The mood started feeling a little bit happier. They talked about several topics on the way to the common room, Quidditch, N.E.W.T.S exams coming up and the Triwizard Tournament, but the whole time, not for one second did Fred stop thinking about y/n.

They found themselves back in the common room, tired from all the walking that they just did. Fred was devastated that the girl he loved was in love with someone else now.

"Gonna head to bed now, gonna come?" Lee asked as he walked towards the stairs.

"Be there in a bit," Fred replied, sitting down on the common room couch.

"Alright, goodnight Freddie Boy!!" Lee whisper shouted.

Fred chuckled and threw his head back on the couch. He sighed as he replayed that same memory in his head, y/n kissing Cedric Diggory. Was this all a dream, was he just tired? Is this all just happening inside his head?

"Bloody hell my life is a mess," he stated as he scrunched his eyes shut in embarrassment.

"Freddie?" A soft voice called out. He recognized that voice anywhere, y/n's sweet voice filled his ears as he shot his head up from the couch.

"Y/n- hey," he said with a small voice crack coming out.

Y/n lightly laughed and went to go sit down with him on the couch. "Are you alright? I heard you saying something about your life being a mess," she smiled apologetically, similar to that one smile Fred gave to her when they broke up.

Fred looked are in awe, just staring at her was enough to cause butterflies in his stomach. He hadn't felt like this, not even when him and Angelina were dating. He had feelings for Angelina, but y/n made him feel different now, again.