Love Potion ▸ f.w.

HI! so i know most of you are going to ignore this and not read this but i just wanted to say a few things before i start this chapter. thank you. from the bottom of my heart, thank you. thank you for 10k reads, thank you for bringing such joy and realization of validation into my life. i have never been quite professional when it comes to writing or being an author, but this whole experience and feedback makes me want to start doing it more. believe it or not i've actually developed a passion for writing and i plan on making more work. i know this was a bit corny but 10k means a big deal to me.

+ i will be updating the fred weasley fanfic soon, i've just been quite busy and i promise i'll do it as soon as possible. thank you and enjoy! xx

Fred x Reader

(they/them prns)

tw: tiny bit of angst, ends fluffy in pt. 2, don't worry!

Love potions, probably one of the most dangerous potions to come across, ever. The thought of being poisoned into love was quite heinous to everyone. It was known to break up happy and loyal relationships, but also known for bringing non mutual loves together, which is what made it just horrible in any aspect.

Y/n had read about them even before sixth year, but never actually considered they'd have to encounter or even brew one. They figured they shouldn't worry too much about it though. They do smell nice, according to what attracts each person the most.

They just hoped no one would craft any horrid ideas and plan on poisoning anyone. Y/n's boyfriend, Fred, was known to be very flirtatious on certain levels. Not on purpose of course, but it did attract many girls, even if he's never made any sort of communication with them.

He was very loyal though, to the heart. He would never cheat or lie to y/n, unless it had to do with some sort of prank or joke. Y/n didn't blame the girls though, Fred was extremely handsome and fit. His red, silky hair always caught their attention and never failed to put them in a trance.

They loved running their hands and fingers through it as Fred hummed softly in pleasure.

Snape has told his students that they'd be brewing a love potion for today's lesson. In that moment, every girl in the classroom seemed to grow excited yet nervous. Professor Snape smirked at their fear and continued with the lesson.

"Would anyone like to explain what exactly a love potion is?" Before anyone could even raise their hands he turned on his back and blurted out, "No one? Pity."

Feeling very risky in the moment y/n shot their hand up in the air and blurted out, "Wait sir, I'd like to explain."

Snape immediately snapped his head towards y/n's direction and looked at them up and down coldy. "Well? Go on," he said.

Y/n cleared their throat and began speaking, "A love potion, otherwise known as Amortentia, is-" they paused for a moment looking around. "Is exactly what it says in the name "a love potion", honestly professor aren't you supposed to be smart?" Y/n joked.

The entire classroom except for Snape exploded in laughter. Snape's mean old stare that he always had plastered on his face turned into an even colder look. He glared at y/n before slamming his hand against their desk and leaned down to their eye level.

"Fifty points from (house name)! For foolish behavior!" Snape yelled out making everyone in the room go silent within miliseconds.

Fred, who was sitting next to y/n, leaned over closer to them as soon as Snape turned on his heal to walk away. "He must be fun at parties," Fred whispered in y/n's ear, still trying to surpress his laughter.

Y/n nodded their head in agreement and turned their attention back to Snape, who was now explaining what a love potion actually was.

"Love potion, you can poison a particular someone with it, you can smell what you truly desire and what exactly attracts you in it, we'll be making them for educational purposes and educational purposes only," he explained, looking around suspiciously.