30

Iruka tip-toed into Naruto's room at six a.m. and shook the boy until he woke up. Naruto had rolled over in bed with a groan. Iruka smiled at how childish his son was. The adult shook his child once last time whispering his name. Naruto pulled the covers up to his cheek and curled into a ball not hearing Iruka. Iruka was growing impatient, he hadn't had to wake Naruto up this early since he bought him an alarm. Iruka pulled the blanket off Naruto and shook him roughly. Naruto yelled in surprise at how rough Iruka was being.

"Jesus, I've been trying to wake you up for thirty minutes." Iruka exaggerated.

Naruto yawned and stared at his parent as Iruka started pacing back and forth. The brunette was mumbling under his breath when he pulled out his cellphone and checked over something.

"Dad, what are you doing?" Naruto asked rubbing his eyes.

Iruka stopped dead in his tracks and turned to his kid. Naruto never called him dad since he was a child.

"You never call me dad. Do you still not have your memories?" Iruka asked leaning over Naruto's bed and checking the blonde's face.

"I thought I did. I kept thinking I did whenever I thought of you. Guess I never really spoke my mind. Anyway, what are you waking me up for?" Naruto asked ignoring the fact that he couldn't remember things.

"Right. Well get up, we're going on an adventure. Kakashi is already packing up and making brea-get dressed." Iruka said changing his sentence as he remembered the last time Kakashi made breakfast.

Naruto watched his father fly out of his room and lay back in bed. He wasn't sure why he'd call his father by his name, he didn't know who Sasuke was, didn't know if he had a girlfriend or boyfriend, his mind hurt whenever he tried to think of anything. Naruto could hear his parents arguing downstairs and figured he'd get up. He stretched his bones when he got up and looked over his room. It was messy as usual. There were shirts and boxers thrown here and there. Papers laid on the carpeted flooring near his desk. His desk was covered by a blue shirt that belonged to Sasuke, but he didn't know that. He ignored the much-needed cleaning and headed to his closet for some clothes.

Once he had showered and brushed his teeth Naruto picked up his cellphone from the nightstand table and headed downstairs. As he jumped off the second to last step into the living room he noticed suitcases and carry-on bags. Naruto grew curious and headed to the kitchen to ask his parents.  Kakashi was trying to scrape off a burned egg from a pan while Iruka explained why it had gotten stuck. Naruto sat at the table and picked up an orange from the fruit basket.

"Where are we going?" Naruto asked breaking up the soon to be fight.

"Oh, you're here. Well, we thought we'd go on a vacation." Iruka smiled.

Kakashi gave up on the egg and pan claiming to buy a new one. He turned to Naruto and stared at him. Kakashi had been sure that the breakup with Sasuke and the scene at the park were somehow connected to Naruto's Sasuke amnesia. He hadn't spoken to Naruto about it or tried to help him remember anything like Iruka had. Instead, he kept his distance and observed. He noticed that whenever Sasuke was mentioned Naruto would make a face of pain before covering it up with a fake smile. Or if an activity he had done with Sasuke was done by himself he'd look sad. Kakashi concluded that if Naruto saw Sasuke it would trigger his mind and bring back everything. He didn't want Naruto to meet the boy though.

Naruto finished up his orange and was dragged up to his room by Iruka to pack his bags. Iruka demanded he clean his room as he did so. Naruto sighed and did as he was told. Without thinking Naruto packed the blue shirt into his bag. Iruka helped Naruto clean his room. The two didn't say much as they did.

"We have to go now! The plane is leaving at nine!" Kakashi called up to the two.

Iruka and Naruto finished up by throwing random shirts, pants, and underwear into Naruto's bag before leaving. They rushed down the stairs laughing at Kakashi's face.

"Alright, let's go!" Iruka happily yelled and walked out the door.

Kakashi had already placed all the bags into their rental van and was waiting for them. Naruto pulled out his headphones and followed his dad to the car. Kakashi locked the door and climbed into the car. He put it in gear and pulled away from the curb. He drove past Sasuke's house just as the young boy came out of his home in pj's. Naruto's eyes landed on his face. He could feel his face burning up as they made eye contact. Naruto swallowed hard as he tried to keep eye contact with the attractive boy. Naruto felt he was familiar. Kakashi sped up and turned the corner. Sasuke disappeared and Naruto blinked rapidly trying to keep the image of the boy in his head.

As Kakashi drove them toward the airport Naruto sat in the back nearly breaking his head. He knew the boy he had just seen but didn't know from where. The more he thought of him the more his head hurt. He didn't care so long as he figured out where he'd seen him. He thought of the way his lips tingled, the way his face burned, and the way his heart seemed to be in pain.

"Was that Sasuke?" Naruto asked looking back hoping to see the boy again.

Iruka and Kakashi looked at one another unsure if they should answer. Iruka turned in his seat and looked at Naruto.

"Did you remember something?" He asked.

"No, was that him?" Naruto asked again rubbing his chest.

Iruka nodded watching Naruto's actions. Naruto teared up and demanded they turn around.