15

A/N: So I've decided to skip the weekdays until the talent show which is a Thursday( if i remember correctly) please enjoy~

It was already the day of the talent show. Naruto was both excited and nervous. His friends had already went home to change, while he set up their position in the show. Every student that had entered was already in the auditorium practicing their talent. Naruto made his way out of their home room and down the hall hoping he could secure a spot in the middle of the show so he could go relax after he performed.

The halls of the school were filled with students arguing with friends over their performance or clubs that were scheduled that day. There were book bags everywhere, lockers opened, and the mixture of the students' perfumes mingled in the air. Naruto's heart was racing as he opened the door of the auditorium. Inside the students who were part of the theater club were setting things up on stage and demanding things from other students. The teachers that had been assigned to watch over the show were bossing around students and making sure no violence or vulgar things where being shown.

Naruto took a deep breath and headed over to the giant group of kids demanding slots in the show. Sasuke was among them, but he didn't seem to care. Naruto avoided eye contact with him since the past few days had been weird. On Sunday Sasuke had invited Naruto and his family out to dinner. On Monday Iruka had asked Sasuke to help tutor Naruto for the rest of the year, of course Naruto rejected the idea, but Sasuke happily accepted and spent almost the whole night at Naruto's. On Tuesday Sasuke had texted him a very long meaningful good morning. Wednesday was just the weirdest one yet, Sasuke had fallen on top of Naruto during gym, and they stared into each other's eyes while their lips said hello to each other.

Sasuke cleared his throat and moved away from the group giving Naruto a sense of relief. Naruto fought his way to the front of the line and asked to be put in the middle of the show. The student with the clipboard looked over the sheet of paper on it and marked Naruto's name in slot fifteen before handing the blonde a sticker. Happy with his accomplishment Naruto decided he'd go home and change too. When he made his turn to leave the group Naruto brushed his shoulder with another.

"Sorry." He quickly spat out as he turned to look at the kid.

"It's...fine." Came Sasuke's voice.

Naruto stood there for a split second before rushing out the theater doors. Naruto hadn't told anyone about what had happened these last few days. He couldn't even tell Iruka without having him laugh. Kakashi just pretended to care as he read his porno book. Kiba would tell Naruto to stay away from the brats as he called Sasuke and his friends. Shikamaru wouldn't reply to his texts. Choji would just be eating food and not give very much advice since he hadn't dealt with something like this. Naruto walked down the almost empty hall now. His mind relived everything that happened making the blonde boy blush. He had googled the way he was feeling and there was a ton of things that could be wrong.

"Calm down, breathe." Naruto whispered to himself.

The image of Miss Tsunade came to mind. Naruto sighed sadly as the thought of her both relaxed and saddened him. She would have been proud to know he was in the show as he held onto the necklace he received. His fast steps slowed until he stood still on the steps of the school. He looked to the sky and smiled knowing she would be looking down at him. Without thinking Naruto began singing the same song Miss Tsunade had sung for him on his fifth birthday. He walked home calmly singing under his breath. To him the world seemed to slow and fade away.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are grey." Naruto sang a bit louder as he crossed the street.

His eyes stung a bit and his chest ached, but he felt like he was flying. He made his way through the gated fence around the small community of houses and kept walking down the sidewalk. He could see that Iruka was home since his car was in the drive. Naruto finished the song as he opened the door.