6

A/n: Hi guys just wanted to give you a heads up that I have put an asterisk ( * ) somewhere in here and I wanted to tell you what it meant. I wrote that because if none of you know the swirl on his clothes is the Uzumaki clan symbol/logo so I wanted to put it in story as if it reminded him of a safe place like the womb of his mom or the arms of his father or something like that. If you youngens don't know what a VCR or VHS are I feel sorry for myself, means I'm old. Anyway, it is the system before DVDs or Bluray or Netflix/Hulu/ other streaming programs. Fun fact: Funai Electric made the last VCR in July 2016. 

~~~

It's been two weeks since Naruto moved in and started his life with Iruka. The papers for adopting him and people coming to see if the home was appropriate to have a child came and went. Iruka has taken a break from work for those two weeks giving all his attention to the people that came and to Naruto. The two had become inseparable outside the small home. Iruka had taught Naruto a lot of the outside world. Like where the best sales were or the small cafe that was hidden between two office buildings. Naruto loved his new home, that is beside the random guy who'd come and go every other day.

The man was weird to Naruto. He had white hair and wore a mask high enough to cover an eye. His face was always in a book that looked perverted to Naruto. He had kissed Iruka a couple of times and Naruto didn't understand, but he also didn't care since the thought of what Granny had told him a few months ago came to mind. The man was named Kakashi and Naruto soon found out that he was Iruka's boyfriend. Naruto knew what that was since he had 'the talk' with Shizune when he woke up with his pants feeling kind of tight and his nether region hard.

Naruto didn't mind Kakashi stealing Iruka once in a while, it gave him time to play with his new toys and rearrange his room. He even convinced Iruka and Kakashi to paint his room orange with a swirl behind his bed. Iruka had asked about the swirl, Naruto replied with a simple 'I feel safe'.* After his room was painted Naruto spent more and more time in it whenever Iruka was busy with an office person or Kakashi.

Sadly, as the two weeks of getting comfortable came to end Iruka had to tell Naruto he was going to school come Monday morning. He wasn't sure how to tell him or what his reaction would be. So instead of just telling him over dinner he decided to ask while they watched a movie on Sunday night. Naruto was excited for that so he hoped Naruto didn't mind that Iruka had a serious question.

Sunday night came a lot quicker than Iruka had expected. Naruto already had chosen the movie and helped with the snacks. So, while they sat on the couch watching the small scenes of other movies Iruka cleared his throat.

"Naruto, I have a question I'd like you to answer." He started and took a few pieces of M&Ms in to his hand.

"Yeah?" Naruto asked and sipped soda from the straw in his glass.

"Do you want to continue school at home or would you like to go public school with other kids?" Iruka asked as his heart raced frightened by the kid's answer.

"Public school! I wanna make tons of friends!!! Please let me go to public school!" Naruto begged kicking his small legs.

Iruka laughed and agreed with him, "You'll be starting tomorrow. For now, let's finish this movie and head to bed, yeah?" Iruka smiled.

Naruto happily nodded and glued his eyes to the screen. Iruka smiled throughout the movie glad that Naruto hadn't made it a dramatic conversation. Naruto though had fallen asleep half way through and rested his head on Iruka's lap. Iruka brushed back Naruto's hair with his hand as he finished the movie by himself. The snacks had all been eaten by Naruto with his excitement for tomorrow. Iruka didn't mind though, so long as Naruto was happy.

Once the movie was over Iruka shut off the VCR* while Naruto was in his arms. He decided to clean up tomorrow after Naruto got to school. He instead shut every light off and checked the door before heading to Naruto's room. Inside he noticed that Naruto had built a small desk out of his Duplo blocks. He smiled at the thought of getting him one. He placed Naruto in the unmade messy bed and tried to get the blankets over the small body. The sheets were all tangled together and Iruka was too tired to care so instead he pulled them apart enough to cover Naruto. He flicked the small nightlight beside the nightstand table on and left the room with a small smile and a 'goodnight' to Naruto.

In his own room Iruka sat on the edge of the bed with a sigh. The last two weeks had been a bit hectic but he and Naruto made it through. He felt more at ease having someone to laugh with and care for. He took the picture on the bedside table and looked at his parents. They were smiling and pointing at a small baby in a crib. Iruka rubbed the corners of the frame and sighed heavier.

"Mom and Dad. I have a son now. I hope I can care for him as you did me. Wish me luck." Iruka fell silent as he stared at the happy young couple.

"I miss you guys so much. I wish you were here to meet him. He's the cutest little guy ever. He makes jokes that get me every time. He loves ramen like I did, but don't worry mom I feed him all his veggies. He's got a loud laugh like you do, Dad. I love him." Iruka chuckled before kissing the picture and setting it back on the table.

"Good night mom, Dad." He sighed dreamily before slipping into a dream.