19

The sun rose slowly over the horizon waking up the city of Konohagakure. There was barely any wind as the clouds rolled by slow as snails. The sky had become a beautiful mixture of oranges and yellows as the sun continued to rise. The air became warmer the more the sun came out. The smell of gas being pumped into cars as the late night shifts were heading home could be smelled on the main road. The ones sleeping soundly in their beds were being woken up by their alarms or the smell of coffee brewing. In the small community where Sasuke and Naruto lived every one was sleeping in since it was the weekend. Though in the two teens homes they were the only ones awake. 

Sasuke and Naruto had both sat at their bedroom windows that allowed them to see each other. They had been on the phone all night as they stared at one another. After their little event at the brunette's house they felt that something was wrong so they spoke about it. Their conversation took up the entire afternoon making Iruka pick up Naruto personally when he didn't come home before eight. Sasuke had helped Naruto with his homework over the phone and ever since then they'd been talking. Neither seemed tired though.

Naruto had been sitting on the small bench he had made with Kakashi for the window specifically. He had painted it a sunset orange with a black design of a fox in the center where his feet were dangling from. Iruka had bought the fleece covered cushions his bum was happily sitting on for the past ten hours. He had a throw covering himself from the cold that came with the night. As he sat there he could smell the roses from the garden of the  house in between the two teens. The tree in his backyard had become lively with the small birds chirping good mornings to one another. What he hated the most though was whenever he burped he could taste the bitterness of the coffee he had snuck up to his room just before Iruka cleaned the kitchen for the night. 

Naruto knew that if he didn't sleep now though he'd be a mess when he went to the studio for the interview. He had dropped hints already to Sasuke, who also seemed to need the sleep now. They said their farewells and blew kisses to each other from their windows before shutting them and the curtains hanging from them. Naruto left his phone on the bench and stood. Naruto wrapped the throw around his shoulders and headed to bed for a little nap before Iruka woke him up in four hours. He climbed into bed and his body thanked him for getting the soft squishy memory foam bed. He laid across its cool surface not bothering to adjust himself. He sighed heavily and shut his heavy eyes as he enjoyed the sound of the morning outside. Before sleep could take him over Naruto needed his best friend, the fox plush he had gotten a few years ago. Searching for his toy Naruto made note to clean his messy room. He could smell his gym socks from across the room as he burped again. The faint taste of coffee filling his mouth. 

"Yugh." Naruto said shaking his head. 

He grabbed the plush off the floor and rolled back on the bed. He relaxed against the foam and before he knew it he dozed off. 

~~~~

"Naruto, get up it's nine thirty three." Kakashi's voice said through the door followed by a knock. 

Naruto groaned and rolled over, he wanted a few more minutes. The softness of the bed was taking him back to dreamland. The slight rose scented breeze from the half open window cooled his face that was slightly hidden by his blanket. The sound of the bedroom door being open didn't scare Naruto even though it should've. Naruto sucked his teeth and instantly regretted it as he tasted his coffee flavored morning breath. He rolled onto his back and opened his eyes to see Kakashi standing beside the bed with his hands clasps and two fingers from each hand sticking up. ( Like the 1000 years of death thing from the show) 

"Good morning." Kakashi cheerfully said and straightened himself.

"What were you about to do?" Naruto asked rubbing one of his eyes. 

"Oh nothing. Come on get up. I made breakfast." Kakashi said and headed for the door.

"Where's Iruka?" Naruto asked now sitting up.

"He's sleeping in. I'll be taking you to the place." Kakashi said and shut the door. 

Naruto sighed and wished he'd gone to bed earlier. He pulled the throw he had over himself off and swung his legs to the side of the bed. He rubbed his face and stood up. His knees cracked a bit as he walked over to the bench for his phone. He pick up the small device and looked for any notifications. Sasuke had texted him a good morning and his friends had wished him luck. 

Sasuke:

Gm sunshine. I hope u get the signed. 

Kiba, Choji ,Shika-( I cut it off cuz phones be like fk long names XD):

Hey! Good luck Naruto! When u get signed dnt 4get 2 eat lots of BBQ~ :p (choji)

Yo! Good luck, ure going 2 need it! lol (kiba)

gm, gd luk(shika)

 Naruto replied to each of the messages and went to put his phone on the charger. As his phone charged he got clothes ready for his morning shower. He grabbed a pair of black jeans, a baby blue tank top and some underwear. He left his room and walked into the bathroom. In the hall he could hear Iruka happily thanking Kakashi for a home made breakfast on the weekend. Smiling to himself Naruto shut the door before he heard something he shouldn't have. 

~~~~

All cleaned, dressed and ready to go whenever Kakashi was ready Naruto sat at the kitchen table. He had a plate full of pancakes, eggs and bacon. Iruka placed a cup of coffee in front of Naruto with a knowing twinkle in his eye. Naruto smiled at him and dug into his breakfast.  He moaned at how amazing the maple syrup mixed with bacon tasted. He scarfed down the rest and drank his coffee quickly. He didn't regret the bitter taste of it as he burped his thank you. He cleaned up the liquid gold egg yolk off his plate with crunchy toast. He licked his lips as he stood to wash the plates. He grabbed his parents empty plates and thanked them for the food. 

As Naruto went to get his shoes on and grab his phone there was a knock at the door. He opened it not bothering to look through the peephole. Standing on the porch with his back turned to the door was Sasuke. Naruto waited for him to notice to make fun of him. 

"Sasuke." Naruto laughed.

"Oh, are you going yet?" Sasuke asked. 

Naruto shook his head and stepped outside in his socks with the door shutting behind him. The two linked hands and stood there quietly. They looked over the porch rails at the people driving out of their driveways or opening up the door for their newspaper. It was warm out with no wind at all now. Sasuke sighed and rubbed at his eyes with his free hand. Naruto felt bad for keeping him awake all night. Sasuke pulled Naruto over to the steps and sat down. Naruto followed him and sat beside him and rested his head on the brunette's shoulder. 

"I got you something for good luck." Sasuke said after digging in his pocket.

"What?" Naruto asked trying to get a glimpse of what was in the pale hands.

Sasuke opened his hands and revealed a small velvet box. Naruto took the box and looked to Sasuke suspiciously. The brunette shrugged and smiled before looking out at the community. Naruto opened the box and gasp. Inside was a bracelet made of leather with the a circle charm. The circle had a sun and moon carved onto it and painted their rightful colors. Naruto took it out of the box and held it up. 

"It's cute." Naruto smiled and attempted to put it on himself.

"Well I got Itachi to buy it for me since I couldn't sleep last night." Sasuke joked and helped the blonde.

"Whatever." Naruto laughed sticking his tongue out.

Sasuke leaned over and placed a kiss on Naruto's lips, "Good luck over there." He smirked and kissed the blonde again.

"Thank you." Naruto giggled.